Friedman: Leafs, Flames, Panthers, and Blues interested in Chiarot

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No need to help the Leafs, they will choke again in the playoff and the team is going to be dissasemble in the summer.

They definitely need to experience some post season success...I mean short of a final 4 appearance I don't see how they keep it all together.

That being said, there are 31 losers every season so if you want congrats on being the best loser last season...uh congrats?

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
They definitely need to experience some post season success...I mean short of a final 4 appearance I don't see how they keep it all together.

That being said, there are 31 losers every season so if you want congrats on being the best loser last season...uh congrats?
Thanks and hey, enjoy your short playoff run again!

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks and hey, enjoy your short playoff run again!
We didn't enjoy it the first time, so how would we 'enjoy' it again? Besides, this year will have another playoff and we hope to go far in the upcoming playoffs if we earn a spot in it.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
We didn't enjoy it the first time, so how would we 'enjoy' it again? Besides, this year will have another playoff and we hope to go far in the upcoming playoffs if we earn a spot in it.
How about the second and third time? It's pretty crazy listening to some fans saying Chiarot won't help the D, when he was a big reason Mathews was shutdown. There's a reason why TO keep on poping on the Chiarot rumors, pretty sure your GM took some notes! An early elimination means a lot of changes in the summer and Dubas knows that, he will go after a rental.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How about the second and third time? It's pretty crazy listening to some fans saying Chiarot won't help the D, when he was a big reason Mathews was shutdown. There's a reason why TO keep on poping on the Chiarot rumors, pretty sure your GM took some notes! An early elimination means a lot of changes in the summer and Dubas knows that, he will go after a rental.
Nope. We didn't enjoy any of the exits. Some of the individual games were good though. Sure, the Leafs will concider a rental; however, they prefer a player with term.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

well you been losers since 67 so i guess adding another season to it should be quite common for you guys.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
RIght on. Strong possible reason Leafs interested in Chiarot. Him and Weber destroyed Leafs top line down low last year in playoffs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if after ANOTHER blown lead Dubas steps up his efforts to acquire a D man?

This is now a trend.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nope, but it was also before colour television was available to everyone and there were more than 6 teams in the league.
The last year before color tv was 1943. The 1943 final was between Boston and Detroit. The first final after the invention of colour tv was between Montreal and Chicago. Montreal won their first Cup since 1931 that year. Though colour TVs didn't become commercially viable until 1953. Montreal won the Cup that year.

Last edited:

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
If the panthers got him I’d like them to pair him with Ekblad on the 1st in the playoffs, with Forsling-Weegar running a very strong 2nd pair (that was our top pairing last playoffs when Ekblad was injured). Ekblad and weber are fairly similar imo, could be wrong, but I think they’d pair well together
He also played well beside Byfuglien for years. Everyone looks better beside good players but for Chiarot it somehow matters even more. I could see him working well with Ekblad.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
93 >> 67. That's all I am saying.

Don't know if I would have appreciated the 93 win if it was the Leafs.

I mean I would have been 5...you have no idea how big of a deal it would be at the time.

Now I just hope they win before I die lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad