Friedman: Leafs, Flames, Panthers, and Blues interested in Chiarot

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
this feels like such an Armstrong move. Have faith he will get him and not give up a 1st, but won’t be surprised when he’s a blue

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Ummm.... Don't the Flames already have zadarov and Gudbranson in the exact same role?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It means the offer is a 2nd. There is no chance in hell the Leafs get through the East and make the Final.
Then the offer is a 2nd. If Chiarot isn't going to move the needle that much, why would we pay a 1st for him?

Should add an extra condition that if its another 1st round exit the pick turns into a 3rd next year.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He’s not a high enough impact player to change the Blues defense situation like they need.

Trading a 1st would be a mistake. Trading a 2nd+Scandella is still the most I’d be ok with seeing Army go. At least clears us of Scandellas cap for next season. Still doesn’t make us a contender though.

Reactions: The Electrician

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
He’s not a high enough impact player to change the Blues defense situation like they need.

Trading a 1st would be a mistake. Trading a 2nd+Scandella is still the most I’d be ok with seeing Army go. At least clears us of Scandellas cap for next season. Still doesn’t make us a contender though.

lol like we would want Scandella back

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Diehard Blues fan here, Habs fans, what's your ask?

Laugh all you want if the Blues end up with him and send the Habs a package with a 1st but he's a missing piece on our Blueline and would galvanize our D corps.
I will laugh so hard at Doug Armstrong and the Blues if they pay a first round pick and Scandella for this Hyped Scandella.

Pardon, I didn't notice you were wondering if a mere first was ENOUGH for this great player. Yes this is pure laughter time.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The only time Brad Treliving doesn't come in second is when it's marginal talent.

To be fair, many players just prefer to go to a place like Vegas or NYC than the prairies of Canada.

Treliving has brought in Markstom, Hanifin, Tanev, and Lindholm.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
i mean it’s pretty much the spitting image
Oh no, no, no-no-no-no-no, no.

I'll admit I have not seen any Blues games specifically since Scandella joined them but boy was he awful here. I have never seen a dman handle a puck like it was as grenade like him. He couldnt keep any pressure on the offensive zone, missing every puck at the blueline.

Chiarot is really strong on the puck, he will even rush from time to time and sometimes it's almost frustrating because it does not lead to much. And because of his Bobby Orr impressario the coach will put him on the ice in overtime which is wrong. But other than that he's a very solid no 4 especially in playoff once he'll be able to hold and grab and cross check everyone.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Oh no, no, no-no-no-no-no, no.

I'll admit I have not seen any Blues games specifically since Scandella joined them but boy was he awful here. I have never seen a dman handle a puck like it was as grenade like him. He couldnt keep any pressure on the offensive zone, missing every puck at the blueline.

Chiarot is really strong on the puck, he will even rush from time to time and sometimes it's almost frustrating because it does not lead to much. And because of his Bobby Orr impressario the coach will put him on the ice in overtime which is wrong. But other than that he's a very solid no 4 especially in playoff once he'll be able to hold and grab and cross check everyone.

Youre description is essentially what Scandella was for us while Parayko was playing well. Unfortunately Parayko has had an injury issue and isn’t playing particularly well this season and Scandella has moved into the Bobby Orr version.

From my viewings if Scandella on the Blues and what Chairot brings they seem to be very similar players while playing well. Neither is particularly an impact player or should be a top 4 outside of a support role.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
If the Leafs give up anything significant for him I’m going to vomit.

While I think the Leafs need a physical D to add some stability to the back end come playoff time, this isn’t the guy.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Friedman has turned into a joke. He makes shit up to get hits.

I see this complaint a lot of on this board.

I think the problem more is a lot of people have trouble with basic reading comprehension.

A lot of the time he makes it clear that what he's about to say are his own thoughts/feelings with no insider information, but social media runs with it anyway as if it's a legit rumor and then moan when it doesn't come to fruition (forgetting that, even if it was a legit rumor, most turn into nothing).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad