Friedman: Leafs, Flames, Panthers, and Blues interested in Chiarot

Doubledose

Oct 14, 2021
Wouldn't mind Chariot butike others I'd rather not trade a first for him. But would be curious muzzin-chariot. Worse case we have an extra dman to help

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I laugh at any team that gives a first for Chiarot.

Guy is extremely frustrating to watch.

Was decent in the past playoffs tho.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Obviously many have not watched him play.

This year he has been the best Habs defender (not saying much I know). Last playoffs he was a monster, exactly the type of defender you need if you want to go far in the playoffs. He's basically a wall. He's not good with the puck in his own zone, but an absolute stud defender with toughness and speed. He's got a heavy shot which he doesn't use often because he doesn't put himself in a shooting situation since he's mostly focused on D.

Any team acquiring him will not regret it. He will not be flashy, but absolutely worth a 1st rd pick.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
My guess is that we won’t trade an almost ready Denisenko for picks given where we are in the contending cycle but who knows!

I can understand that, it was more for giving something more with Chiarot to meet your price for Denisenko. I like the player a lot!

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
If we can get him for a 3rd, sure.
Why even make that post? It’s clear there’s a lot of interest in him and the price has been rumoured to be a 1st for months now. The trade deadline is 2 months away. Some team will step up and pay the price. And it won’t be a measly 3rd

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Please don't give up a first for him, Dubas. Learn from past mistakes like Foligno. These types of players are fools gold and only end up being justified if you actually win a cup.
But all the Leafs have to do is get out of the first round to justify the trade .

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Diehard Blues fan here, Habs fans, what's your ask?

Laugh all you want if the Blues end up with him and send the Habs a package with a 1st but he's a missing piece on our Blueline and would galvanize our D corps.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Why even make that post? It’s clear there’s a lot of interest in him and the price has been rumoured to be a 1st for months now. The trade deadline is 2 months away. Some team will step up and pay the price. And it won’t be a measly 3rd
Yes, the Habs have leaked it to the media they want a 1st. Noted.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Obviously many have not watched him play.

This year he has been the best Habs defender (not saying much I know). Last playoffs he was a monster, exactly the type of defender you need if you want to go far in the playoffs. He's basically a wall. He's not good with the puck in his own zone, but an absolute stud defender with toughness and speed. He's got a heavy shot which he doesn't use often because he doesn't put himself in a shooting situation since he's mostly focused on D.

Any team acquiring him will not regret it. He will not be flashy, but absolutely worth a 1st rd pick.

This. I thought he was a useless pylon when we signed him, but I was quite wrong. He is a very effective playoffs player, tough without being a meathead, not tremendously skilled but fast, and willing to battle.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Habs Fans:

Is a 1st enough for Ben or are the Habs looking for 1st+?
Guess it would depend where the first would be, would want a plus from Fla but not from Cgy. Montreal would likely retain. Savard fetched a 1st, 3rd and 4th from TB last year and Chiarot is 2x as good so minimum he should get is comparable to that from a Cup contender

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Guess it would depend where the first would be, would want a plus from Fla but not from Cgy. Montreal would likely retain. Savard fetched a 1st, 3rd and 4th from TB last year and Chiarot is 2x as good so minimum he should get is comparable to that from a Cup contender

That's fair. So with no sarcasm intended here, what are the Habs needs?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
That's fair. So with no sarcasm intended here, what are the Habs needs?
How much time you got? :laugh:

A legit PMD prospect is probably the biggest hole - wouldn’t expect that as a plus of course. After that skill, new mgmt want to play an offensive speed game and the team has been built on defense first

Reactions: GoldenSeal

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chiarot is probably a back up plan for Zito, if the Panthers don’t get Chychrun. Regardless, you’re willing to give up Denisenko for a rental?

Rather that than a 1st.

Florida is build to win now and a prospect like Denisenko should be available.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Chiarot is probably a back up plan for Zito, if the Panthers don’t get Chychrun. Regardless, you’re willing to give up Denisenko for a rental?

Why not? Denisenko has about a late 1st value right now. Our 1st next year will be late. What's the difference? Obviously Deni is further along, but it just depends how Zito envisions to use his assets. I wouldn't be shopping Deni, but if he was the deal breaker, yeah I'm moving him.

I see Chychrun as the longshot, Chiarot as the main plan. More realistic. Never hurts to ask on Chychrun though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad