Friedman: Leafs, Flames, Panthers, and Blues interested in Chiarot

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
How about the second and third time? It's pretty crazy listening to some fans saying Chiarot won't help the D, when he was a big reason Mathews was shutdown. There's a reason why TO keep on poping on the Chiarot rumors, pretty sure your GM took some notes! An early elimination means a lot of changes in the summer and Dubas knows that, he will go after a rental.

Lol, Leafs will lose with him or without him. Do you really think he makes a difference? Matthews was shutdown because of Matthews, not Chiarot.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Lol, Leafs will lose with him or without him. Do you really think he makes a difference? Matthews was shutdown because of Matthews, not Chiarot.
Your right, the team that he played against had no bearing on his performance, you should bring that insight to every thread

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
LOL sure, Danault, Chiarot and Weber are not the reason Mathews had a hard time last year, keep believing that. I don't really see the Leafs going after Chiarot, too much holes in their club. He makes more sense for a team like Florida to do this kind of move, a la Tampa. He will return a first.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
happy to see the blues listed last, hope to see them drop out of this altogether. chiarot is not worth that much no matter how sentimental montreal is about their cinderella run.
It’s not Montreal fans that originated these reports. It’s hockey insiders. You may not like it but don’t act like it’s pure fantasy from the minds of fans

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
It’s not Montreal fans that originated these reports. It’s hockey insiders. You may not like it but don’t act like it’s pure fantasy from the minds of fans

"Hockey insiders" get these reports from teams and (mostly) agents. It's not just plausible, but likely that Montreal is trying to manipulate the market or (even more likely) Chiarot's agent is trying to make him look highly sought-after so his next contract is bigger no matter how he performs.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
"Hockey insiders" get these reports from teams and (mostly) agents. It's not just plausible, but likely that Montreal is trying to manipulate the market or (even more likely) Chiarot's agent is trying to make him look highly sought-after so his next contract is bigger no matter how he performs.
Sure. If you say so.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Think "Dumbass" has to go all in thia season since it is the last kick at the playoff can the marner, mathews, tavares, nylander core will get. If they don't win a few rounds someone will get traded and the leafs will need a new GM.

Florida is my guess for a Chiarot trade and resign, low tax and sunshine are hard to beat just ask mr Trump..

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
happy to see the blues listed last, hope to see them drop out of this altogether. chiarot is not worth that much no matter how sentimental montreal is about their cinderella run.

I'm not sure the order teams are listed matters

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It also doesn't mean the info is incorrect or anything, but it's 100% correct that someone involved is leaking the info to their benefit, we've known that's how this stuff works for years. Just look at the Chychrun news that was leaked a few days ago too, how they already received an offer that met package requirements. Why was that leaked? To indicate to other teams that they have a bare minimum offer on the table and if you want him, you'll have to up your bid. It's to creating a bidding war. Same with Chiarot.

Interested GMs are likely checking on every available option, which there is a lot of for this deadline. That's why I'm not sold that some of the rentals will get what some think they will.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
It also doesn't mean the info is incorrect or anything, but it's 100% correct that someone involved is leaking the info to their benefit, we've known that's how this stuff works for years. Just look at the Chychrun news that was leaked a few days ago too, how they already received an offer that met package requirements. Why was that leaked? To indicate to other teams that they have a bare minimum offer on the table and if you want him, you'll have to up your bid. It's to creating a bidding war. Same with Chiarot.

Interested GMs are likely checking on every available option, which there is a lot of for this deadline. That's why I'm not sold that some of the rentals will get what some think they will.

Exactly. Hockey insiders aren't a clairvoyant ninja cabal. Fans seem to accept some immutable system that produces secret-but-true hockey information when the reality is that it's just humans with limited resources and obvious, predictable motives.

Look at who could possibly have the information in question and why they'd leak it and most of the math is done for you.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How can the Habs be trying to manipulate the market when it was an insider that brought this up.
Do you really think that Friedman is trying to help the Habs. He's just putting out his opinion.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How can the Habs be trying to manipulate the market when it was an insider that brought this up.
Do you really think that Friedman is trying to help the Habs. He's just putting out his opinion.
Do you think insiders just make stuff up or do you believe they get info from their sources with teams and agents?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Do you think insiders just make stuff up or do you believe they get info from their sources with teams and agents?
They sometimes voice an opinion in which he did concerning Chairot getting a 1st and on the teams he listed interested, he got the info from those team/agents.
Again how is this the Habs trying to manipulate the market?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They sometimes voice an opinion in which he did concerning Chairot getting a 1st and on the teams he listed interested, he got the info from those team/agents.
Again how is this the Habs trying to manipulate the market?
I get the sense that you think this is a negative slight towards Montreal, it's not.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder if Dubas is is stepping up his efforts because while they have won 3 straight 2 of those have been real ugly and they are not getting the saves they once we

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Everytime I watch the Habs Chiarot's value to me gets lower and lower. Probably worth a conditional 3rd imo.
Every time i watch the Leafs play i understand why everyone claims they have no shot at the cup.10 Chiarot couldn't help that team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad