Friedman: Leafs, Flames, Panthers, and Blues interested in Chiarot

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

1. Friedman is an Insider, I am not

2. I don't think the Leafs are actually interested in Chiarot, it goes way against the grain of what Dubas has done in the past...which if you want to poke fun, yea maybe it's a good thing but Leafs have quite a few LD and Chiarot doesn't look nearly as good without Weber.

3. Tying the Leafs to as many things as possible leading up to the trade deadline day in hopes of bringing in more viewers/eyes/ears for the TDL show isn't anything new but we fall for it every year :)

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Chiarot has foligno vibes all over him for me, hard pass especially for the supposed asking price.

Reactions: Voight

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Teams that are wondering , Chariot is useful in the playoffs since the pace is faster and heavier.
During regular season don't expect much.

Fixed for you. Chiarot's speed is obviously a plus asset for him, which is partly what makes him effective in the playoffs.

What made him so good for the Habs last playoffs was his ability to constantly absorb hits to make a play on the puck. He can eat whatever hit the forecheckers throw at him and was really strong on 50/50 plays because of his speed and strength. Maybe he's better in the playoffs because he has less time to think

Habs also played a style where they allowed an enormous amount of low percentage shots, and very few high danger scoring chances, with Price required to stand on his head. So whoever pays the price on Chiarot may be disappointed if they don't deploy him in a similar way

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I can't see where he would fit in on the Flames. Once again this is just Treliving kicking every tire and looking under every rock, I doubt the Flames are a likely destination.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Can't wait to see what Habs can bring in return for him. Time to say goodbye.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Fixed for you. Chiarot's speed is obviously a plus asset for him, which is partly what makes him effective in the playoffs.

What made him so good for the Habs last playoffs was his ability to constantly absorb hits to make a play on the puck. He can eat whatever hit the forecheckers throw at him and was really strong on 50/50 plays because of his speed and strength. Maybe he's better in the playoffs because he has less time to think

Habs also played a style where they allowed an enormous amount of low percentage shots, and very few high danger scoring chances, with Price required to stand on his head. So whoever pays the price on Chiarot may be disappointed if they don't deploy him in a similar way
If the panthers got him I’d like them to pair him with Ekblad on the 1st in the playoffs, with Forsling-Weegar running a very strong 2nd pair (that was our top pairing last playoffs when Ekblad was injured). Ekblad and weber are fairly similar imo, could be wrong, but I think they’d pair well together

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019

2. I don't think the Leafs are actually interested in Chiarot, it goes way against the grain of what Dubas has done in the past...which if you want to poke fun, yea maybe it's a good thing but Leafs have quite a few LD and Chiarot doesn't look nearly as good without Weber.

3. Tying the Leafs to as many things as possible leading up to the trade deadline day in hopes of bringing in more viewers/eyes/ears for the TDL show isn't anything new but we fall for it every year :)
Goes against what Dubas did in the past because what he has done in the pass(small offensive dmen) didn’t win him any playoff games. Not that I want to give up a first for him but he brings the nastiest and net clearing presence the leafs lack right now!

Reactions: Kurtz

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Article just states thar Dubas pursued Benny as a Ufa, but money didn't work at that time.

Reactions: banks

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Leafs are apparently looking for someone with term, doubt they pay a first for a rental . Maybe if the price drops (which it sounds like it won’t with all the teams interested).

he probably goes to the Blues or Panthers, whichever one doesn’t get Chychrun.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Goes against what Dubas did in the past because what he has done in the pass(small offensive dmen) didn’t win him any playoff games. Not that I want to give up a first for him but he brings the nastiest and net clearing presence the leafs lack right now!

Article just states thar Dubas pursued Benny as a Ufa, but money didn't work at that time.

I don't doubt that the money didn't work at the time or there was interest at one point but since then, Leafs have a bit of a logjam of LD now...and let's be honest, is Chiarot better than Rielly or Muzzin? No. Can he play RD well? No. Do the Leafs have a RD as good as Shea Weber? I wish.

I think someone will add Chiarot in a bottom 4 role and potentially be happy with that addition...I think St.Louis is a good landing spot for him. I don't see Toronto as a good fit anymore.

Reactions: alasania94

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
Chiarot does bring that plus some offense just because of his skating.
As for small offensive dman , you can also have Wideman. :naughty:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Please don't give up a first for him, Dubas. Learn from past mistakes like Foligno. These types of players are fools gold and only end up being justified if you actually win a cup.

Reactions: Doubledose

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It makes sense that the Leafs are interested because they need another D man, in fact I'd go as far as to say they need 2.

That being said don't pay a 1st there are better options

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Not necessarily for Chiarot but maybe Chiarot + we can add picks too. Wouldn’t mind a trade around the 1st in 2023 also
My guess is that we won’t trade an almost ready Denisenko for picks given where we are in the contending cycle but who knows!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00