Leafs Fans Invading Other Arenas

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Denver’s arena is right downtown too and is a great place to catch a game, and lots to do nearby afterwards. Just saw the game Tuesday here in Van and that is always a 50/50 crowd (probably the most split I’ve been to including buffalo Ottawa and Montreal.
The outdoor game at the big house was also a very split crowd, but that’s a one off event.
planning on driving down and seeing the boys during their California trip in March and getting in a couple days in at Disney for the new Star Wars land. The wife and I were looking at it and turns out the Raptors swing through the Bay Area that same week so with proper planning maybe we can see them play Sacramento on the drive back up home.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
The invasion is the single biggest reason why Vancouver and Buffalo both have extremely high winning percentages against Toronto in their buildings.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Believe me it's not just a geography thing lol. I live in Edmonton and when we play the oilers here, it's easily 60-40 leafs fans and sometimes worse.
Some games maybe 70-30 and its a beautiful thing, well my Dad doesnt think so but I do.

I was at this game and when Connolly scored I leaped out of my seat, my Dad took off I thought he was going to leave me there LOL.[/QUOTE]

Felt like a huge party when Connolly scored in O.T. my Dad left his seat after I didnt even see him leave. Luckily I caught up with him on the main concourse after. He was definitely not happy.

Its sad how loud we are during road games, come home and its a ghost town.

This was the last Leafs game I went to, not as exciting as the year before game but another W for us.

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
My wife is originally from Ottawa and we go up at least twice a year to visit her family. I try an align it so we can go to a Leafs/Sens game while we're up there. Her cousins are casual Sens fans but they'll never do it(go to a game). Apparently the Leafs hate is real there.

muddywaters

GO FLAMES GO
Jul 12, 2006
Cedarbrae
I see why they call it Scotiabank in Calgary.

Blue mile.
I look at Leaf fans like Saskatchewan Roughrider fans … people leave these two places , Ontario and Saskatchewan, in droves … they spread out like refugees looking for better lives … as a Flames season ticket holder for over 20 years I have witnessed the foreign fan invasion of all the Canadian teams first hand … when the leaf or hab or oils fan starts to cheer and chant it's like the cry of the transplant …. they wear their team jerseys like a badge … the badge of the transplant …. it can be annoying but at the same time heart warming … I have been to where they came and as a fellow human you can't be anything but happy for them …. god bless the Transplant …. you've escaped ….

Reactions: hoglund

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I had a chuckle reading on the mainboards that Oilers fans figure it’s the same amount of Oilers fans that invade Toronto as the Leafs in Western Canada. Only Oilers fans. Lol.

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
I prefer our road games. our fans are way more active in their support. our home games are library like.

Mar 26, 2010
Evidently based off of the most recent road trip... Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver have a very large Toronto fan base at their home games. The Freddy roars and Go Leafs Go chants were epic.

Reactions: leafsfan5

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I prefer our road games. our fans are way more active in their support. our home games are library like.
Which should be expected. It's an event on the road, just another game out of the 41 at home.
It's the same with Montreal.

Reactions: al secord

Crows Eye

Oct 22, 2019
Yeah, been to games in Vancouver where it got downright embarrassing. The sea of blue and white is even more prominent cause Canucks franchise has gone through about 15 different jerseys. They got that ugly orange and black V, a white with a blue hockey stick and different variations of the Orca logo. You don’t know who the heck they represent, but you always know who the Leafs fans are.
There was a thread started recently that complained that we were the most hated team in the NHL. Probably true. We may not have won sh-t in 50 years but we win the prize for the most obnoxious fans in other teams buildings.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Habs fans like to pretend they never get invaded. Here's Leafs fans invading the Forum way back in 1993. Pat Burns first game back in Montreal.

I’ve never seen the Leafs in Montreal but I’ve been to many games at both the Forum and The Bell Center. Atmosphere was no different than The ACC.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Understandable, it's probably cheaper to fly to Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal or Winnipeg (for example) when the Leafs are in town, get a hotel room and go for dinner before the game than to get two decent tickets in Toronto.

Reactions: Al14

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Understandable, it's probably cheaper to fly to Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal or Winnipeg (for example) when the Leafs are in town, get a hotel room and go for dinner before the game than to get two decent tickets in Toronto.
Not even close.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Love when it happens in Vancouver especially the 7pm Eastern Time game.
It’s funny that all those years when the games started at 7:00 pm est/4:00 pm pst time, the Leafs lost the majority of them and last won in Vancouver in 2016 when the game started at that time. Just last week when the game started at 10:00 pm est/7:00 pm pst, the Leafs ended up winning. So the Canucks fans got what they wanted and their team still lost.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Good to see leafs fans invade Scotiabank Arena yesterday.
Always Leaf fans there. More kids yesterday and everyone is in a holiday mood.
Yesterdays game would have had the same atmosphere whenever it occurred.
Fantastically entertaining game.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I live in Michigan. MY road trip is usually to Columbus. Just under four hour drive. Tickets affordable. Only problem it seems when the Leafs play the CBJ it involves a back to back game. But when i'm there the crowd is at least 60% Leaf fans. More at the end of ice where the Leafs shoot twice. Road trips are great!!!

Reactions: ACC1224

brodano

Oct 19, 2011
Believe me it's not just a geography thing lol. I live in Edmonton and when we play the oilers here, it's easily 60-40 leafs fans and sometimes worse.
Some games maybe 70-30 and its a beautiful thing, well my Dad doesnt think so but I do.

I was at this game and when Connolly scored I leaped out of my seat, my Dad took off I thought he was going to leave me there LOL.[/QUOTE]

i was at this game! sick finish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad