Leafs Fans Invading Other Arenas

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I know of one Sen's fan who resells his Leaf tickets for enough to pay for the bulk of his seasons ticket package.

Nice perq.

If they really hated the Leafs taking over their buildings, fans in those markets might not sell their tickets to Leafs games in such large numbers.

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I mean we have been around since forever (us and Habs) and at that time you were either a Leafs or Habs fan in Canada, and in the U.S it was a lot of the same things in many markets, plus any of the original 6 in general.

Most teams just don't have that kind of history in the game, or as much time to build traditions.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I mean we have been around since forever (us and Habs) and at that time you were either a Leafs or Habs fan in Canada, and in the U.S it was a lot of the same things in many markets, plus any of the original 6 in general.

Most teams just don't have that kind of history in the game, or as much time to build traditions.
Like I have said before on this topic I have personally seen the Leafs play the Lightning in Tampa Bay on two separate occasions. The first time was in December 2007 and the most recent was in December 2018. (That 4-1 loss when they had 49 shots on net) So when the Leafs happened to score I remember seeing more Leafs fans than what is shown on TV, compared to seeing the fans celebrate when they score a goal on the road in Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa or any other Canadian city.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know of one Sen's fan who resells his Leaf tickets for enough to pay for the bulk of his seasons ticket package.

Nice perq.

If they really hated the Leafs taking over their buildings, fans in those markets might not sell their tickets to Leafs games in such large numbers.
In some of those markets they have tier pricing games and when Toronto is in town they charge more for tickets at their box office and online through Ticketmaster, so they want Leafs fans in their buildings.

Reactions: Ciao

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
for all you young'ens.

Jerry Garcia and the grateful Dead where a popular San Francisco band in the mid/late 60's. They never had a huge audience...But as time went on, their popularity grew. It became cult like...You became a Dead Head..And so fans traveled everywhere to see them. Their concerts were packed, yet outside of the few thousand Dead Heads, no one really cared. And their music was decent. some hits, but they were no Beatles or Rolling Stones..but man to be a Dead Head.

Leaf Nation is similar..It is a movement on its own..far less linked to the team's performance, than to membership in that unique group. Whatever city the Leafs land in, brings out "Leaf Nation"..win, loose, have a good year, have a bad...who cares..you are a "Leaf Nation member".

The Cubs come closes in baseball. To a minor extent the Packers in Football. Most sports teams would kill to create their own movement.

Go Leaf nation, between you guys and your smaller "Bleu, blanc, rouge" buddies, you keep the league afloat.

Reactions: draeko17

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Saw the Dead numerous times. I was/am a dead head. Travel to see the Leafs. End of the game was great last night. Leaf fans were LOUD and PROUD. Keep up the good work. Time for this more than a touch of grey to keep on truckin. Adieu.

Reactions: draeko17

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs are an original 6 team and their fans run deep and wide.

Many fans like myself who became members in the 1960's remain steadfast and true, and I suppose that theme holds true for many fans over the decades..

Once a Leafs fan always a Leafs fan !!

Its the crest on the front not the name on the back that is the source of the endless support and loyalty all over the world.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Which arena to Leafs fans love to invade outside of Ottawa? Leafs always get good support on the road in general, but in some places it becomes ridiculously lopsided.

This clip from 2004 is probably the largest I've ever witnessed...lol.

I was at this game. It was insane

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Salty Jets fans mad about the amount of Leafs fans in the arena last night warms my heart.

Meh, Jets fans can get back to me when they have 100 years of hockey history in this country lol we have a lot of fans long before the Winnipeg Jets were a thing.

Cry me a damn river

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I think I remember watching an Avalanche game from a few years ago where Leaf fans weren't particularly well represented, but it was much different this year.

I've been to every one of them, definitely not true. The Pepsi Centre is always packed with leaf fans when they are in Denver.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Those Andy!! Andy!!! and GO LEAFS GO! chants at the Winnipeg game were awesome tonight. Its amazing how quiet we are at home compared to on the road.

Can we please start being loud for home games? I dont care if you're down low and a couple suits in front of you are on their phones working deals. GET LOUD!!!!

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Yikes. Jets fans and media are not taking this L well. I'm not sure what's so surprising.

Hockey fans are notorious for calling out others as bandwagon fans. These Leafs fans in Manitoba and Saskatchewan have been supporting the team long before the Jets even existed and the support is passed down in the family.

Same in BC and Alberta also.

Reactions: Sniper99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad