Leafs Fans Invading Other Arenas

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit...it's a geography thing. Also, the two Florida teams get bombarded by snow birds.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Believe me it's not just a geography thing lol. I live in Edmonton and when we play the oilers here, it's easily 60-40 leafs fans and sometimes worse.

I know...I've gone to every Leafs game in Vancouver since around 2000...it's always been dominated by Leafs fans around 60-40. Between 2008-2014 during the "dark years" it go to 50-50 and in some years Canucks fans outnumbered them (especially in 2010, 11, 12)...but during the GM Place era (90s, early 2000s) and the recent Matthews era, its again 60-40. And the 4:00 pm start just adds insult to injury. :D

Reactions: GenTieDomi

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Also...Leafs fans used to invade the Montreal Forum quite a bit too...and vice versa Habs fans at the Gardens. Hasn't been the same since ACC and Molson (Bell) Centre opened.

Reactions: GenTieDomi

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I'll be at the game next month in Minnesota. As will lots of Leafs fans. There's a large fan base from Northwest Ontario and Manitoba. My seats are 8 rows up on the side of the end zone where the Leafs shoot twice. Can't wait!!

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I've only been to 1 game in Buffalo but it was fantastic. The Leafs presence was huge and we were loud and took over the arena. It's a shame we lost but was still unreal. My parents have gone to games in Tampa and had a good time as well.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Manhattan Beach, California
I live in Los Angeles now.

While it isn't a "takeover", there is a plethora of Leafs fans whenever they come to play either the Kings or Ducks. I went to both last week. I'd say maybe 20% Leafs fans at Staples and 33% Leafs fans at the Honda Center.

By the way, both cities and their fanbases are very welcoming and polite. I cannot speak higher of the experience if you are ever able to visit either rink.

apollo678

Oct 21, 2013
I went to the Jan 25th game in Detroit...lots and lots of Leafs fans. Great experience (especially since we dominated that game).
I also went to the Winter Classic at the Big House. 50,000 Leafs fans there.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Which arena to Leafs fans love to invade outside of Ottawa? Leafs always get good support on the road in general, but in some places it becomes ridiculously lopsided.

This clip from 2004 is probably the largest I've ever witnessed...lol.

That's unreal. I'd say there are more Leafs fans in buildings out west and Ottawa. Don't see as many in Winnipeg or Montreal.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Believe me it's not just a geography thing lol. I live in Edmonton and when we play the oilers here, it's easily 60-40 leafs fans and sometimes worse.[/QUOTE]
Some games maybe 70-30 and its a beautiful thing, well my Dad doesnt think so but I do.

I was at this game and when Connolly scored I leaped out of my seat, my Dad took off I thought he was going to leave me there LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: brodano and Vaive50

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Believe me it's not just a geography thing lol. I live in Edmonton and when we play the oilers here, it's easily 60-40 leafs fans and sometimes worse.
Good to hear!! Going up on the 30th to watch the Oilers-Leafs game. Gonna be all Leafed up and wasn't sure how the crowd would be lol

Reactions: DriveFor9th

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I've only been to 1 game in Buffalo but it was fantastic. The Leafs presence was huge and we were loud and took over the arena. It's a shame we lost but was still unreal. My parents have gone to games in Tampa and had a good time as well.

Buffalo is usually the best because it's like a home game and the atmosphere is better because the real fans that can't get tickets to the ACC are there. The problem with the ACC is that too many fans are fans who were given tickets and don't really follow the team and the ones in the rich bitch seats are in their three piece suits playing on their phones.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I see the leafs in ottawa a couple times a year but last time I went to montreal for a leafs game the whole 5th and 6th floor of our hotel were leafs fans. Bell centre holds about 22,000 I think and there seemed to be 6000-7000 leafs fans

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I usually go to the game in Vancouver and I buy real good seats , in the lower bowl we definitely overwhelm the Nucks fans , and I use the term Fan pretty loosely when talking about those bandwagon jumpers , during the 3 years listed above all you heard about was how impossible it was to get season tickets , This year they sent me three different promo offers begging me to take part or full season ticket subscriptions , the last offer included a Jersey and a stick , a chance to get them signed at a meet and greet , 200 bucks worth of concession credit { @ 18 beers worth } plus some other stupid crap LOL . I passed after the Leafs game which I would go to theres maybe 8-10 more games you could resell then your gonna eat the rest of em no thanks .
PS I should mention there were seats available in all price catagories and all locations , there was even a pair right beside the Visitors bench in like the 4th row .

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Some games maybe 70-30 and its a beautiful thing, well my Dad doesnt think so but I do.

I was at this game and when Connolly scored I leaped out of my seat, my Dad took off I thought he was going to leave me there LOL.

This is painful to rewatch, I remember this game was the last time the Leafs won before the 18 wheeler really started to veer off the cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad