Leafs Fans Invading Other Arenas

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
You know you're going to get of a lot Leaf fans in every Canadian city.

I love it when there is a tonne in Minnesota and other places in the States where you think there might be just a few. We are everywhere. The fact that the fan base has remained strong outside of Toronto through some pretty lean years is testament to the generations of Leaf fans who passed it on to their kids.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
People in other cities, esp in Canada, have to remember there are a lot of Ontario born and bred people who have relocated to other cities, be it for work or whatever. Just because a person moves to whatever city, doesn't mean you have to switch your loyalty of sports teams. Look at the Jets board regarding last nights game. So many complaining about fake Jets fans, etc. How many Jets players grew up being Leafs fans (and many still likely are on a personal level)?! Sorry folks, but lots of Leafs fan like to travel to see their team on the road too. What do they expect.....a ban of people cheering for the opposing team? No jerseys allowed but the Jets? Look at almost every road game the Leafs play..... us Leafs fans are everywhere.....I know it's more convenient/cheaper for me to go see them in Detroit, Columbus, Nashville even.

Plus....this whole 1967 is kind of silly now. And to have a fan of a team that has never even been to a final pipe up with 1967....

The funny part for me yesterday was hearing about the Jets fans on here getting worked up and encouraging other Jets fans to yell at Leafs fans..... like really......what are you going to yell......stop scoring on my goalie!?

Reactions: Heritage

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Majority of western Canada Leafs fans are not Ontario born, infact many I know are hardcore westerners, some of whom support Alberta's secession. Wrap your head around that one.

70% of Leafs fans out west support the team because its a family tradition that's been passed down. The remaining 30% are Ontario transplants.

That's why I'm annoyed when Toronto Leafs fans start taking jabs at cities like Edmonton and Winnipeg and stuff. You all realise there's a significant Leafs support in these places right?

When it comes to Manitoba, there's also a large First Nations community who are Leafs fans too.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the Jets fans are so angry at all the Leafs fans in their arena, why don't they take it up with their own fans who most likely sell them their tickets. I don't know how many Leafs fans last night got their tickets through Ticketmaster or on the secondary market through StubHub, still I'm willing to bet a lot of Jets seasons ticket holders must have made a profit selling their seats to the Leafs fans.

Reactions: Dragao6

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Any arenas where the Leafs are not well represented?
I went to a game in Boston last year and there were only a few of us Leafs fans. I think Philly isn't a spot where you see as many Leafs fans either. There were definitely a bunch there, but not as many as some places.

FireBabcock

Apr 21, 2019
I was at the game in Winnipeg and I met three groups of people, a total of 16! individuals, who were from towns in Northern Ontario. (Fort Francis? /Thunder Bay/ Kenora)

Also met one man, native to Winnipeg, who said he grew up watching the leafs (since Winnipeg didn’t have a team while he was younger).

So I think that Leaf Nation also just travels far. Manitoba and Minnesota flank Northern Ontario. This is compounded when Ontario born individuals relocate

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
You know when the Jets came back to Winnipeg I planned to support them as my #2 team. But Jets fans (not all but there are many) are just so insufferable it made it really hard to cheer for them. I like their team they're fun to watch but the irrational Leafs hatred they've got over here is just embarrassing.
was genuinely happy for them but their attitude pissed me off so much, i was like screw em.

Reactions: The Apologist

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Majority of western Canada Leafs fans are not Ontario born, infact many I know are hardcore westerners, some of whom support Alberta's secession. Wrap your head around that one.

70% of Leafs fans out west support the team because its a family tradition that's been passed down. The remaining 30% are Ontario transplants.

That's why I'm annoyed when Toronto Leafs fans start taking jabs at cities like Edmonton and Winnipeg and stuff. You all realise there's a significant Leafs support in these places right?

When it comes to Manitoba, there's also a large First Nations community who are Leafs fans too.

I've seen that crap in here on GDT's for when teams like Edmonton and Winnipeg are playing us and posters (wont say who) will take shots at these cities and its like "uh hey numb nuts, do you know that your fellow fans live here, we're all on the same team" Keep your pathetic comments to yourselves if you're gonna say dumb **** like that.

Like I said in previous posts regarding Leaf fans from other cities, its like a party when the Leafs come to town all the Leafs fans huddle around zamboni entrance where the Leafs come out or now in the new rink beside the visitors bench and when they hit the ice for warm ups we drown out Oilers fans with the GO LEAFS GO!!! and the cellphone cameras are goin crazy as if the Rolling Stones arrived. Its our 1 game of the year where we come out of hiding with our Leafs jersey and other apparel and

Yeah we put up with the "six-ty sev-en chants" We just laugh them off we dont dump on our own city. Go back and watch a Leafs game when they come out West. Our guys are out there flying, thats all they talk about pre-game is how they know they've got fans out here that show up to games and get the energy going.

Some of the comments I saw in the GDT thread were pathetic yesterday, some need to get a grip.

Reactions: Anthrax442

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

Taking pokes at other cities is a Canadian tradition. You have pride in your city just as much as your team.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Friend of mine told me a story he was standing in line in Kanata to catch an away game. They were late the game started a huge roar comes from inside the arena. My Friend says, crap we are down 1 already. The ticket taker says no that's a Leaf goal, there was no horn. lol!

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I watched them play in Buffalo, Ottawa and Edmonton. Almost got to see them play in Detroit too but my buddy forgot his passport so we postponed.

it’s literally cheaper to drive to Buffalo and stay the night and watch it there or at least, it was when our dollar was about on par. Ottawa was empty and Edmonton didn’t have MacDavid then so tickets were dirt cheap back then. I took a tinder date to an oilers game and it was $66 for our tickets.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
As soon as this shit is all over, I've moved recently so I'm closer to Ottawa... I'm going all out on a cheapy road game there. its basically half and half there anyway. Cant wait. The price difference is bonkers and Ill be looking forward to driving same distance to a Leaf game for half price.

Reactions: Confucius

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
You know when the Jets came back to Winnipeg I planned to support them as my #2 team. But Jets fans (not all but there are many) are just so insufferable it made it really hard to cheer for them. I like their team they're fun to watch but the irrational Leafs hatred they've got over here is just embarrassing.

Random here on this one, and obviously when you get an NHL team in your city you're happy, but if someone said hey you've been awarded Atlanta's team after your original team went to Phoenix.... id find that hard to watch.

I mean technically Winnipeg has Atlanta's past records now.... ughhhh.

Glad I never have to worry about that as a LEAF FAN.

they may as well just started fresh eh!

;)

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
As soon as this shit is all over, I've moved recently so I'm closer to Ottawa... I'm going all out on a cheapy road game there. its basically half and half there anyway. Cant wait. The price difference is bonkers and Ill be looking forward to driving same distance to a Leaf game for half price.
I prefer a leafs game in ottawa which I usually go to annually then watch the leafs in toronto
Atmosphere is crazy fun in Ottawa!

Reactions: Burnie97

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Half the league survives off revenue transfers from ML$E.

Leafs fans pay their own way. Ice a better product and maybe your own fans will show up. If nobody from their own city can be bothered to support them why should they even care who shows up for their games?

A buck is a buck is a buck.

All these charity case teams crying because there's too many big bad Leafs fans in their building. Oh wah, boo hoo, there's a number for that. It's called 1-800-cry-me-a-river.

I use it myself every spring.

Last edited:

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Considering my annual leafs on the road trip this winter, I’ve been to Las Vegas and both Floridas, so for someplace warm I’m looking at Arizona Feb 21. Anybody have experience advice for accommodations and siteseeing in the Phoenix/Tempe area? should we stay in phoenix or in Tempe close to the Mullett? planning on ataying 4 or 5 nights . Might do the Arz Las Vegas back to back although tickets might be costly

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
We got a good MVP chant in Dallas going when Auston passed Vaive for goals on the year.

Considering my annual leafs on the road trip this winter, I’ve been to Las Vegas and both Floridas, so for someplace warm I’m looking at Arizona Feb 21. Anybody have experience advice for accommodations and siteseeing in the Phoenix/Tempe area? should we stay in phoenix or in Tempe close to the Mullett? planning on ataying 4 or 5 nights . Might do the Arz Las Vegas back to back although tickets might be costly
I have no experience on those 2. Was thinking about doing Nashville this year, but they have that ‘lockout away fans’ game against the leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad