Recalled/Assigned: Leafs emergency recall Kaskisuo

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
They were going on and on about how unusual it was that the backup played the first game of a back-to-back. Now we know why it happened. I thought Sparks had his best start of the season. Maybe Columbus didn't test him enough with actual sustained pressure last night but the rebound control concern didn't really play any part in the game.

P.S. A groin injury isn't a nice rest. It's an injury. An annoying one for a goalie. A skill player can maybe float through a week or two mid-season games nursing a tweaked groin avoiding hard turns and acceleration, a goalie doesn't get that luxury. And hopefully this injury isn't serious.

I agree, even a DTD groin injury is something to be concerned of; fortunately his style of play isn't conducive to these types of injuries (i.e. Quick's acrobatics), but he's a goalie and of all injuries to get, that one is crucial to get under control.

Hope they take as much time as needed to let it heal even if we slide a couple of games... there's no rush to get him back in our lineup.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
what about our other 2 goalies in the A ?.........oh never mind............we gave them away for free.......... :sarcasm:

Pickard has been waived by another team and is a healthy scratch for the Coyotes.

McElhinney would be nice to have.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Tampa had better options. Do you trust McAdam/Kaskisuo starting a NHL game, I don't
Louis Domingue is worse than Sparks (Tampa fans hate the guy), Eddie Pasquale is slighly better than Kaskisuo, and Connor Ingram is a rookie in AHL and has yet to play an NHL game. Better options?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Louis Domingue is worse than Sparks (Tampa fans hate the guy), Eddie Pasquale is slighly better than Kaskisuo, and Connor Ingram is a rookie in AHL and has yet to play an NHL game. Better options?

Kaskisuo and McAdam have never played NHL games before.

If andersen is out for more than a week they need to flip a 6th/7th for an UFA goalie

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Sparks is fine till Freddy is 100%. Kaskisuo can take stats on the bench. Calm down.

Yeah, that's not the issue. The issue is if Sparks gets hurt, they're at a massive disadvantage right now. most teams have a #3 goalie with at least some nhl starts under their watch. Leafs have zero.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, that's not the issue. The issue is if Sparks gets hurt, they're at a massive disadvantage right now. most teams have a #3 goalie with at least some nhl starts under their watch. Leafs have zero.

I think most teams 3rd string goalie probably don't have any NHL starts either.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Really? If Andersen wears out that early, he isn't a legit starter. Injuries happen. If Andersen is out for a month, will people then blame Babcock if Andersen has a bad playoffs for over work?
The anti-Babcock sentiment is getting out of hand.
He's played the most minutes/games. Obviously over use in a short time frame will lead to wear and tear faster.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Kaskisuo and McAdam have never played NHL games before.

If andersen is out for more than a week they need to flip a 6th/7th for an UFA goalie
I would be surprised if he didn't take 4-5 weeks after his injury. We need Andersen 100% for the playoffs. It's time the Leafs tested it's goalie depth.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I would be surprised if he didn't take 4-5 weeks after his injury. We need Andersen 100% for the playoffs. It's time the Leafs tested it's goalie depth.

As long as the leafs tread water, they're going to make the playoffs, but 1st in the division is likely a pipe dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00