Recalled/Assigned: Leafs emergency recall Kaskisuo

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
This is Sparks' chance to show that he can carry the load if Freddy gets injured. Let's see what he can do.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Sparks showed his best game, and Dubas and Babs was like, you know what, Play him again, lets get him into real good shape.
Real games matter in April vs Division Teams.

Freddy keeping all his gains 110%
So you think Freddy is 100% ok? Definitely not. If he was he'd be starting.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
This is a pefect mid-season test we need for Sparks. Can't go into yhe playoffs with the uncertainty we have now. Hopefully Sparks does well.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Hoping Sparks does well, he apparently likes playing more often. Hoping the rest of the team shows up in front of him to make his life easier.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Andersen out day-to-day, and Leafs HF goes into panic mode talking about tracking Scott and Woll and even saying we need to make a trade. Well done......

Not to mention how everyone commenting how well Sparks played last night. All of a sudden we are a lottery team

Reactions: Loosie and OddyOh

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Andersen out day-to-day, and Leafs HF goes into panic mode talking about tracking Scott and Woll and even saying we need to make a trade. Well done......

I remember when Matthews was day-to-day for like a month.
You never know with our medical staff.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Sparks it's time to earn your stripes, bud. Prove all the naysayers wrong.

If TB could keep up the pace with Domingue, you can do it too.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
If Andersen's out for more than a week (thursday vs wild/saturday canucks at home), they're going to have to make a small trade. McAdam/Kaskisuo are not nhl calibre backups.

what about our other 2 goalies in the A ?.........oh never mind............we gave them away for free.......... :sarcasm:

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
If we get beat, believe me. It's Sparks

Well yes, I know, I just mean calling out his form and saying he's terrible, first year backup goalie in the NHL, not used to the lower load and now being thrust into a back to back after your christmas break, that's rough, I just want expectations managed, I think we'll win, but I'm not expecting a flawless performance either, but I feel you. We're on the same page I think.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Sparks showed his best game, and Dubas and Babs was like, you know what, Play him again, lets get him into real good shape.
Real games matter in April vs Division Teams.

Freddy keeping all his gains 110%
Possibly
Maybe giving the Marlie goalie a little holiday bonus in the process.

Think winning against CLB made the option easier.

Hopefully he is just sore, and they figured it wouldn't hurt (minus the crazys , like myself) to just rest it fully

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This will give Andersen a long long break before his potential next start. The excuse that he wasn't rested enough should die very quickly.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yikes. They need to be very cautious with a groin injury. The good news is that Sparks has had 2 pretty solid outings in a row. Hopefully he can keep it going until Freddy is 100%.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
They were going on and on about how unusual it was that the backup played the first game of a back-to-back. Now we know why it happened. I thought Sparks had his best start of the season. Maybe Columbus didn't test him enough with actual sustained pressure last night but the rebound control concern didn't really play any part in the game.

P.S. A groin injury isn't a nice rest. It's an injury. An annoying one for a goalie. A skill player can maybe float through a week or two mid-season games nursing a tweaked groin avoiding hard turns and acceleration, a goalie doesn't get that luxury. And hopefully this injury isn't serious.

Reactions: FlareKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad