Recalled/Assigned: Leafs emergency recall Kaskisuo

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I did. He’s played really well this year as his stats and record show but the dopey fans around here seem to have their minds made up otherwise and reality doesn’t shine on their heads.

He’s played better and better when playing games closer together.

Although a back-to-back isn’t ideal, it’s still a great opportunity to get more time in the goal.

The Islanders also played last night so this game will probably be a gong-show.

And the Leafs play only one particularly good team over the next two weeks. Chances are they go 4-2 over that spell whether its Freddy, Sparkie or even Hutchison in the net.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
We are about to see, aren't we?

Not a problem for me. I'm not going to start shrieking when a goal goes in because of a Gardiner giveaway, a deflection or it bounces off Zaitsev, because that's probably going to happen again at some point... again. We are comfortably #2 in the division and have the #2 team in the league to boot. I really don't see how the bottom is going to fall while Freddy is recovering.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Not a problem for me. I'm not going to start shrieking when a goal goes in because of a Gardiner giveaway, a deflection or it bounces off Zaitsev, because that's probably going to happen again at some point... again. We are comfortably #2 in the division and have the #2 team in the league to boot. I really don't see how the bottom is going to fall while Freddy is recovering.

With Sparks as our #1 we wont be #2 for very long.

LOL deflect much?

Like I said time will tell and that time is about an hour a ago, and what we learned is 3 goals on 13 shots... told-ya-so.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
And the Leafs play only one particularly good team over the next two weeks. Chances are they go 4-2 over that spell whether its Freddy, Sparkie or even Hutchison in the net.

If we win one game with Sparks in net, I'd call that a better than expected result.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Better now than in April. Gives Sparks chance to show if he can carry the mail.
He had chance to prove himself when they gave him playing time in preseason....he choked. Had chance to prove himself when he got the backup role over the other goalie that was way better in preseason, still choked. Had chance again to prove himself when Andersen got injured...he choked. This guy is a bum not an NHL level goalie, juts watch how many times he gets completely out of position in a game. Clueless people here will bring up his record saying he is a good goalie bc he has winning record or he makes highlight reel saves only bc he gets out of position so much..SMH.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I hope it's nothing serious as Sparks is not a solution for a long stretch

To be honest, this is why losing McElhinney on waivers bothered me. I get management didn’t want to risk losing their young asset as opposed to keeping around a 35-year old journeyman.

But this is a contender, not a team in need of hoarding young assets in a rebuild. If *gasp* this were April, I’d feel more confident running with McElhinney for a sustained stretch. Sparks does not invoke such confidence.

Either way, get better soon Freddie. It’s quite evident how important he is to this team and it’s fortunes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->