Post-Game Talk: Leafs def. Canucks - 3-1 (Pettersson)

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
hopefully a vote of confidence.

those usually precede firings by a couple weeks

That’s what I was going for. Fired now or later. There should be no way he can save his job. Then again I’ve thought that about dozen times at this point.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
1.7m for an actual NHL defensman that wanted to stay here...... nahhhhh we got beeeezbahhhh

If they were high on beeeezbahhhh, he would be in the lineup after the fiasco Chatfield was/is (I told you all so), the way Olli can play decent until someone comes at him with speed and it's "beep beep" roadrunner time, Hamonic got hurt to save himself from the same kind of embarrassment (he was just flat out horrible and if being out of the game for that length of time was why, he had no business in the lineup in the first place and he shouldn't get back on the ice again after he is recovered until they get him a conditioning coach and skate his ass into Tomorrowland), and offensive AHL D All-Star Rafferty proved in one game that defense is not in his repertoire. Guillaume has been riding in the cab since game 1. The only way the cab stops to let him out is if there aren't 6 D-men to ice without him.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I haven't tuned in since the 2nd loss of this streak. I can tell I'm gunna be so damn apathetic to everything until they clean house. Even if they won, I'd feel the same.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
That’s what I was going for. Fired now or later. There should be no way he can save his job. Then again I’ve thought that about dozen times at this point.

At this point, I would not be surprised that ownership keeps Benning/Weisbrod and Green and focus their attention on media blitz shilling.

I mean, Canucks fans outside of HFCanucks will pretty much lap up whatever the PR arm of the Canucks tells them to.

With exceptions of course, but not in the kind of significant numbers to make any difference.

Walks is still shilling BS about the past "rebuild". We still see that shilling here in this forum.

Which we know never happened. Yet even honest posters here sometimes slip and talk about a rebuild, even though they know better, they know there never was a rebuild. But that's the point of lies, deceptions, misdirection, nitpicking, shilling - they just need to delay things one more day.

And tomorrow, just delay things for one more day.

It's worked for half a decade, why stop now? Badly for all involved, but it's worked.

Well, good for me. I thrive on this stuff.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
You’re up to bat Francisco. As a so called “fan” of the team his family better not be the ones medaling with moves and let the GM do his thing or find someone who can. Green will stay or go according to the GM situation. Gillant or Ruff are just sitting there for the taking and have loads of experience behind the bench with success.

Are you talking about Lindy Ruff? If so, he is the coach of the New Jersy Devils.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
You’re up to bat Francisco. As a so called “fan” of the team his family better not be the ones medaling with moves and let the GM do his thing or find someone who can. Green will stay or go according to the GM situation. Gillant or Ruff are just sitting there for the taking and have loads of experience behind the bench with success.

He’s been awfully quiet for the past week or so.
He knows the product is shit, unless he’s going through another divorce or is paying child support to some woman...we won’t hear from him until the shit really hits the fan.

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The radio and TV personalities are always at risk to job cuts. We saw Bell and Rogers lay a bunch of people the last 2 years.

They will not trash any company or investor such as the Aquilinis. This is the corporate media in nutshell and will always spin a positive in these situations. Their job is to not be critical but to tell you what you should think.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So going through the naturalstattrick.com stuff in the end for all situations they had the Leafs winning the xGF 2.78 to 2.56.

Which is a bit shocking to me. However, as I thought about it other than a couple very big saves Anderson didn’t have to deal with a heck of a lot.

In the end this was one of those games that a couple years ago people would be saying “good effort, they are nearly there” and I would say “good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.”The Canucks found a way to lose.

We did play a very good 2nd period.

The first, everyone was hyping it because we skated better and had a few shots ... but I can only remember one decent scoring chance while Toronto had 3-4. And then the 3rd was obviously awful.

Wow, Sats and Walks are providing more clueless comments - Myers and Sutter are fine contracts, not losing sleep over them; You can have one crappy contract like Beagle.

Totally ignoring that Dowd or similar could do the same job for a fraction of the cost.

The pathetic level of discourse is kinda funny, resorting to whataboutisms and deflections over and over again.

But after a half decade of the same stuff, it's not surprising.

Amusing, but not surprising.

After cheerleading this incompetent management group for years and sticking their fingers in the ears and going NANANANANANANANA for the last 5 years when people tried to explain just how incompetent they were and where this franchise was headed, it's really f***ing difficult for these people to accept that they were wrong. And not just wrong, catastrophically wrong. You can almost feel the cognitive dissonance coming off of them.

Reactions: Peter10 and geebaan

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
The radio and TV personalities are always at risk to job cuts. We saw Bell and Rogers lay a bunch of people the last 2 years.

They will not trash any company or investor such as the Aquilinis. This is the corporate media in nutshell and will always spin a positive in these situations. Their job is to not be critical but to tell you what you should think.

It's a good learning opportunity for those fans here who are experiencing this. When it goes the other way and the media narrative aligns with your own opinions it's very easy to suddenly be totally okay with the media agenda. In the future if GMs and coaches we don't like are run out of town, or even something not sports related, I hope we've all learned to be critical of the media and make sure they're actually doing their due diligence with their reporting rather than just parroting what talking points they put out because we happen to agree.

Reactions: geebaan and vanuck

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
This division is so weird. Hard to gage how bad we are (We are definitely bad); but also how good a team like Toronto/Montreal/Calgary is.

It seems like the Leafs have shored up their D and their forward group looks like it is gelling.....but is it or are they just getting to play shitty teams like Ottawa and Vancouver a ton.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It used to be fun to watch Vancouver

Yes the bottom 6 was trash, so you essentially just counted the seconds till Horvat or Pettersson's line got back out there, and you saw improvement as the season went on.

This year everyone is getting absolutely rag dolled in every facet of the game
Who cares if there is a pandemic, nobody would pay to watch this crap anyways.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
This division is so weird. Hard to gage how bad we are (We are definitely bad); but also how good a team like Toronto/Montreal/Calgary is.

It seems like the Leafs have shored up their D and their forward group looks like it is gelling.....but is it or are they just getting to play shitty teams like Ottawa and Vancouver a ton.

The Leafs were coughing the puck up all over the ice tonight. They still look like a flawed team to me

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's a good learning opportunity for those fans here who are experiencing this. When it goes the other way and the media narrative aligns with your own opinions it's very easy to suddenly be totally okay with the media agenda. In the future if GMs and coaches we don't like are run out of town, or even something not sports related, I hope we've all learned to be critical of the media and make sure they're actually doing their due diligence with their reporting rather than just parroting what talking points they put out because we happen to agree.

70+ million Americans are currently living this kind of false reality.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
B8tsXsb.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad