Post-Game Talk: Leafs def. Canucks - 3-1 (Pettersson)

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
You’re up to bat Francisco. As a so called “fan” of the team his family better not be the ones medaling with moves and let the GM do his thing or find someone who can. Green will stay or go according to the GM situation. Gillant or Ruff are just sitting there for the taking and have loads of experience behind the bench with success.

FA is no bigger fan of the team than anyone on here. Hes a business man. This is a business to him, that is it.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Beagle and Sutter both missing their check to allow those two quick goals by TOR is so poetic. Foundational players coming back to bite Benning in the ass.

To be fair, Beagle/Motte have been effective as a line most of this season.

But on the other hand Beagle is still overpaid and he isn't THAT good of a defensive player.

Reactions: LordBacon

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
How he was benched for Jalen ‘big farts’ Chatfield is beyond me.

They have the opposite deficiencies.

Chatfield can skate and make the "correct play"... and that's it. He's the Eriksson/Megna of defenseman.

Juolevi has decent size and puck skills, but injuries crippled his ability to skate.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Continue.

Be civil - no flaming or attacking each other, and no trolling.

tenor.gif

kidding, Mr C, kidding!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
So going through the naturalstattrick.com stuff in the end for all situations they had the Leafs winning the xGF 2.78 to 2.56.

Which is a bit shocking to me. However, as I thought about it other than a couple very big saves Anderson didn’t have to deal with a heck of a lot.

In the end this was one of those games that a couple years ago people would be saying “good effort, they are nearly there” and I would say “good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.”The Canucks found a way to lose.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
So going through the naturalstattrick.com stuff in the end for all situations they had the Leafs winning the xGF 2.78 to 2.56.

Which is a bit shocking to me. However, as I thought about it other than a couple very big saves Anderson didn’t have to deal with a heck of a lot.

In the end this was one of those games that a couple years ago people would be saying “good effort, they are nearly there” and I would say good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. The Canucks found a way to lose.

Toronto had 7 shots through two periods.

And we lost.

I am toxic

Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Wow, Sats and Walks are providing more clueless comments - Myers and Sutter are fine contracts, not losing sleep over them; You can have one crappy contract like Beagle.

Totally ignoring that Dowd or similar could do the same job for a fraction of the cost.

The pathetic level of discourse is kinda funny, resorting to whataboutisms and deflections over and over again.

But after a half decade of the same stuff, it's not surprising.

Amusing, but not surprising.

Reactions: geebaan

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
To be fair, Beagle/Motte have been effective as a line most of this season.

But on the other hand Beagle is still overpaid and he isn't THAT good of a defensive player.

They've looked effective so far this season albeit in a very small sample size. I'm not convinced that this is anything more than a blip amongst the last 2 years or so of awful 5-on-5 play from them, and I have a feeling it'll regress to what we've seen before.

I just thought it'd be funny to point out how Benning's prized acquisitions are letting him down when it matters.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad