GDT: Leafs @ Caps - Looking for the silver lining - 05.02.2012 - 7 PM - LEAFS TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think we'll see things around the 15 game mark as stated before, but the 10 game mark will give us a good indication on where this team is headed. So far it's 50-50 and as great as it is to be a .500 team...it's frustrating at the same time as well.

Lupul got hurt, Kessel is goal less, and we started the year with shaky Ben. To me, being at .500 after this game would show that this team is not as bad as people make it out to be.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
That's with Kessel, Phaneuf, etc, struggling along with our PP, and with Lupul out. Hopefully we stay in the race by the time Lupul comes back.

You could play the other side of that though and say that is with Frattin and Kadri surprising with their production and Reimer playing like a real starter.

The problem is that with the Leafs, they needs everything going well to make the playoffs. Having a healthy Lupul, Gunnarson and Gardiner would be good though. Then they could trade MacArthur for a vet D and I think they would have a good shot.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Lupul got hurt, Kessel is goal less, and we started the year with shaky Ben. To me, being at .500 after this game would show that this team is not as bad as people make it out to be.

That's with Kessel, Phaneuf, etc, struggling along with our PP, and with Lupul out. Hopefully we stay in the race by the time Lupul comes back.

Good points by both of you, however we still have 3 weeks to go before Lupul can return. Possibly 3 weeks, even then he won't be as healthy IMO as it definitely takes a toll. So it will be interesting to see what happens. I really do hope we get our top guns going, and another interesting note, we still don't have Jake Gardiner either. I forgot about him.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
You could play the other side of that though and say that is with Frattin and Kadri surprising with their production and Reimer playing like a real starter.

The problem is that with the Leafs, they needs everything going well to make the playoffs. Having a healthy Lupul, Gunnarson and Gardiner would be good though. Then they could trade MacArthur for a vet D and I think they would have a good shot.

Another good point as we don't have a Healthy Gunnarsson as well. Heck I think Phaneuf seems a bit injured myself.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

How about a 1 - 4 Home record, what does that show you?

This team isn't ready to compete. That's clear as day to me.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
The tank is strong tonight

all i think about when i see the tank is strong is this:
images

When the above entered into my brain, it did so in a Yoda voice :laugh:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
There are a lot of variables at play at this point. Can Kadri and Frattin really keep up this pace for the whole schedule? Is anyone else going to get hurt? How long will it take the guys coming back to get up to speed? For all we know Kessel wakes up this game and everyone figures it out while we wait for Gunnar, Gardiner, and Lupul to get back into the lineup.

For now, just a matter of seeing how the team does on this back to back game with Washington.

Penalty Kill Icing*

If our team performs as bad when Gunnar, Gardiner, Lupul return.. I'll jump on Tank Nation.

But for now, we aren't that bad actually. However, there is no logical reason to play Fraser ahead of Komisarek at this point.

And we need some skill on fourth line. This is getting ridiculous. Any update on Tyler Biggs?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm guessing Scrivens tonight. Any other lineup changes?

Grabowaffle84

Dec 29, 2010
I won't be watching tonight as I have floor hockey. No sense screaming and yelling at my tv tonight and raising my blood pressure.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ovie hasn't been the same player since he stopped playing with emotion. Not the same player. Like to see some emotion in his game tonight as a fan of hockey, he was far more chaismatic and impactful when he played with it.

Grabowaffle84

Dec 29, 2010
Ovie hasn't been the same player since he stopped playing with emotion. Not the same player. Like to see some emotion in his game tonight as a fan of hockey, he was far more chaismatic and impactful when he played with it.

I don't think Ovie is making the decision to stop playing the way he used to. It's clear that his style of play is wearing him down.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I don't think Ovie is making the decision to stop playing the way he used to. It's clear that his style of play is wearing him down.

I think his lifestyle is wearing him down. The guy looks like he parties every night until the wee hours of the morning.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I would deal for this guy in a second if he could rediscover his passion or emotional edge.

Think he can be a dominant player again, he's just not there in Washington anymore. He's a perfect example of how a player that is ordinary when he plays with little emotion. With it there are few that can impact a team like Ovie can.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Washington is a bad team, we will see but the wagon may be a little heavier after tonights game.

We aren't exactly a good team though.

We win one, lose one. Very inconsistent.

We're going to win 20-24 games this season if we're up and down.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
We really need to get our PP going. How do we have a problem scoring with the mad advantage? Doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad