Proposal: Leafs & Canucks

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
To Vancouver: Rielly and Dermott
To Toronto: Chris Tanev
Easy no from the Leafs.... Rielly+Dermott>Tanev for 60 games.

There's been a lot of terrible trade threads involving the Leafs and the Canucks from both fan bases but this one might be worst.... So I guess that's something.

Hell, Morgan Rielly isn't someone I would trade for Tanev straight up honestly.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Rielly :laugh:

The current proposal is more realistic given the current value of Z around the league is minimal at best, negative at worst. But we can't really afford to give up what will probably be our 2LD for the foreseeable future, along with another top 4D. We're giving up 2 of our best 4 D. We get a higher quality D out of it in Tanev, but only for 2 years and we're now looking for 2 more D instead of 1 since we net lose 1 top 4 D in this trade

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Dermott is untouchable and a part of the future for the young and bright Toronto maple leafs so they will decline.

Leafs fans want Tanev for scraps. Tanev is more valuable to the canucks if they aren't getting quality back in a trade. Benning has said the only way he considers trading him is if it's a special offer.

Reactions: jimslob

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Leafs fans want Tanev for scraps. Tanev is more valuable to the canucks if they aren't getting quality back in a trade. Benning has said the only way he considers trading him is if it's a special offer.
We don't want Tanev, that's the issue with the offers. Most Leaf fans aren't going offer much on this because most Leaf fans would be really nervous about his history of getting injured from... well a strong gust of wind really. If Benning wants to get a special offer for him then he's free to try and do so but I doubt it would be coming from the Leafs camp.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
We don't want Tanev, that's the issue with the offers. Most Leaf fans aren't going offer much on this because most Leaf fans would be really nervous about his history of getting injured from... well a strong gust of wind really. If Benning wants to get a special offer for him then he's free to try and do so but I doubt it would be coming from the Leafs camp.

The Canucks aren't trying to trade Tanev and Benning has said he is happy to keep him to mentor hughes and joulevi. On the other hand from what I have heard the Leafs are interested in trading for him. The Canucks are not desperate to trade him and because his value is low due to injuries are better off keeping him.

Also pretty sure the op is a Leafs fan and not a canucks fan.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
There is a pretty big difference between scraps and dermott.

Reactions: iSophagus

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
Haven't the Canucks made enough mistakes waiting for the "special offer" ask Mike Gillis when the special offer comes in for Luongo!
As stated by JadedLeaf we don't want him because of his injury history

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad