Proposal: Leafs & Canucks

Cotton

May 13, 2013
The only thing that makes him worse is that he has been injured. If he was going to be traded for scraps like connor brown and a b prospect he would be a leaf already.

Connor Brown would be one of your best players, you guys would be hyping him as Horvat on the wing or some such nonsense.

You’re shooting too high if you think you’ll get that much.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Leafs fans want Tanev for scraps. Tanev is more valuable to the canucks if they aren't getting quality back in a trade. Benning has said the only way he considers trading him is if it's a special offer.

I'm a Leafs fan, and I want no part of Tanev. I don't even want him for free because I don't want him eating up cap space. Our D is fine as is.

Reactions: RCS and BM14

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
The OP isn’t a Leafs fan. We aren’t asking and you won’t like what gets offered anyway.

Read his previous posts. They are leaf related. He's definitely not a Canucks fan. It's not like Canucks fans are clambering to trade Tanev because we want brown and a b prospect so badly. If all we get back from the leafs is scraps we are better off keeping him as he has more value to our team than what we would get back.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
I'm a Leafs fan, and I want no part of Tanev. I don't even want him for free because I don't want him eating up cap space. Our D is fine as is.

All good. I'm fine keeping him. If we do trade him I want a quality player back that helps us. We already have a lot of the same types of players that are being offered by leafs fans. We don't need brown and b prospect.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wow. doubt the leafs even do dermott, let alone dermott + zaitsev.

this is awful. try harder

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Conditional first for Tanev, every 10 games he misses due to injury it drops a round.
Good call lord 4th Hokage.
giphy.gif

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I changed from Rielly to Zaitsev

wait the original offer was rielly + zaitsev?

and i thought dermott + zaitsev was awful. good grief.

how did this not get locked already? leafs arent doing rielly or dermott for tanev. zaitsev the nucks can have

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Read his previous posts. They are leaf related. He's definitely not a Canucks fan. It's not like Canucks fans are clambering to trade Tanev because we want brown and a b prospect so badly. If all we get back from the leafs is scraps we are better off keeping him as he has more value to our team than what we would get back.
Do you actually think that a Leafs fan would suggest Morgan Rielly and Travis Dermott for Chris Tanev? Seriously.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Travis Dermott isn't going anywhere. He's our replacement for Gardiner. He's a fantastic young defenseman which is exactly the kind of player the Leafs are looking to add, not trade away.

This thread shouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with an OP of Rielly+Dermott for Tanev. Freaking obvious bait.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

He’s a troll I think. But yeah, you are probably better off keeping Tanev to mentor the kids.

Thorvat

Jul 8, 2018
Benning has said he isn't trying to trade Tanev but it's his job to listen to offers. There is no urgency to trade him. He is an elite defensive defenseman and valuable to our team. It would likely take a player TO doesn't want to give up like Liljegren/Dermott + for the Canucks to consider trading Tanev. I honestly don't think he gets traded to the leafs.

Mar 26, 2010
I am the same. I would not take Tanev for free. Dead weight.

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
Forget this 60 game a year joker Tanev.....Nurse is an RFA and a better target. He's also from the GTA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad