GDT: Leafs@Canadiens 7PM CBC HNIC . Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Lack of passion. Our team doesn't have the killer instinct required to win and need inspiration. It's a matter of buy in, if this is what they have for MTL, we are going to have problems in the PO.

It's true. It's not about talent, skill, even lack of D.

There is more going on with this team, and has been going on since Nylander/Matthews returned to the lineup.

And NO, this is not about putting the blame on those 2 lol. Rather, something in that dressing changed, I have no clue what it is.

This team except for a few players who show up consistently like the Hyman/Johnsson/Kappy/Rielly/etc have lost it's passion/killer instinct which they had earlier in the season.

Management really NEEDS to find out what changed.

Reactions: dsred

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I've **** on Nylander, since I don't like him as much as a lot of people here, but something seriously changed once he got back. The team doesn't look remotely the same as it did prior to his signing. Was it him? Was it all the contract talk (Marner/Kap/Matthews)? Was it the dealing of Leivo, was he well liked in the room? Something about this team changed right around the same time though.

The teams been playing poor since november 2017 dude

Ever since we implemented that stupid stretch pass and stopped playing high octane hockey they have been living and dying by puck luck

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Yeah it's really sad. AJ is our best LW and he is glued to the 4th line lmao

He's been on the 4th line for, what, 3 games? 4? And he has 3 goals and 3 assists in those games. He seems to be fine there.

The problem is the lackluster play of the top 3 lines, not Johnsson on the 4th line.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Put Marleau on 4th line and move Johnson out of 4th line and put him with Matthews or Marner. I cant take another year of that plug Marleau being on the team, send him to Robidas Island since Egocock is obsessed with him. Imagine having plugs like Marleau, Hyman, Brown higher in the depth chart than Johnson. Best coach ever btw.
I agree saying Marleau is probably playing too high up but calling Hyman a plug is an exaggeration. He’s been solid.

WatchOut

Feb 7, 2016
Ontario
we can run two really good lines but for some reason we don't. Soo frustrating to watch this team play, we should be playing well but barely do. The coaching staff don't like making changes and Babcock is the highest paid coach in the league and he can't make adjustment for shit. The hell does he do for this team then if he can't get the best possible line up from the players. Rather cheer for the opponent for how shit we play for soo many games.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You want better zone entries on our first PP? Put Nylander instead of Kadri. Kadri is useless out there as Tavares is the one being a pest in front of the net. You want a threat from the point? Put Gardiner as he was quite good last year on the first PP. Why this hasn't been attempted is crazy to me.
Nylander can get the zone but cant hold the zone. The leafs are better off pulling him completely from the PP. Just brutal.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
He's been on the 4th line for, what, 3 games? 4? And he has 3 goals and 3 assists in those games. He seems to be fine there.

The problem is the lackluster play of the top 3 lines, not Johnsson on the 4th line.

The issue is that the 4th line doesn't play as much, so AJ is being wasted there. Also, he is a massive upgrade over Marleau.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Surprising that they are completely fine with being embarrassed in effort level yet again. At some point you'd figure they would have some pride.

Reactions: Kamiccolo

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Montreal is getting a lot out of their roster, they forecheck fast and move the puck quickly once they turn it around. The Leafs are getting by on raw talent alone, they're not as structured and it shows. Toronto's coaching staff needs to do a better job if were ever going to get over the hump.

Reactions: WilliamNylander
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad