GDT: Leafs@Canadiens 7PM CBC HNIC . Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherpaderp

Feb 9, 2019
Slight change: swap Hyman and Johnsson. His point totals are embarrassing for someone playing with two players on pace for 90+ points.

How do you judge how good a player is? Is it by points?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Froggies are probably going to take this if we can't start getting to loose pucks.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
He has 3 goals and 3 assist. If that's "being wasted", I'd like to know what numbers you think he'd be putting up on another line...

Anaheim game (4 points): Two of them came with Tavares on the ice and the other 2 were on the PP/shortly after. He was not with his regular linemates.

Even tonight, Hyman got an assist and I think Tavares was the other player on the ice?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
He needs to lose some of his skills if he has chance to play for Egocock.
Whats your coaching resume look like. Id rather live with BABcock as the coach over a rocking chair coach. "Egocock" what a stupid nickname

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
They will have to win this game first before you talk about "oh they are 2nd in the division".

The strong Atlantic division is the reason why this team has to play harder every game instead of the passive showing that we are witnessing right now.

The team can look less than impressive and still pull out wins against the Montreals and Ottawa's of the world. I'm really not worried about anyone in the division (except Tampa). Toronto is a top team in the conference, and will finish that way. People just overreact to much.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Biggest problem with the Leafs is that they look nonchalant at times and definitely do not yet have a consistent game.

I don't see that as a long term issue as it's a very young team. As they get older, we'll be a much better team. You have to remember, we still have not seen the best of Marner, Matthews, Kapanen, Johnsson, Nylander, Rielly, Dermott etc.

What I do not like is the guy behind the bench refusing to change any of his ineffective lineups and when he does change them, it doesn't last long before he goes right back to his old lineups.

If a guy like Julien who can coach a team devoid of high end talent (compared to the Leafs) to do this with that roster...why can't Babcock just put the pieces he has in the right place?

It's not that hard.

Switching the lines is not the answer. Better work effort is.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
maybe the same numbers, and it would help get Matthews going. it's better to win the 18 minutes when Matthews is on the ice than the 5 minutes that the 4th line is on the ice

Or maybe none of those numbers, and we lose the last 3 games without Johnsson's output...

And Matthews has 2 goals in those 3 games without Johnsson.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Matthews really does appear to not really care. He's so talented that he can still put up to close to a point per game just on his skill alone... but he just signed a contract with much higher expectations than just "close to a point per game."

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We need to keep a speedy scorer like Johnsson around for slow teams like Boston and fast teams like Montreal in the first round.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Does anyone remember how good the Tavares/Marner/Johnsson line was when they played together?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Matthews needs a guy who can actually get him the puck.

Marleau and Kapanen cant do that.
Doesn't he need someone to retrieve the puck out of the corner too? Someone to screen the goalie when he shoots? I mean it'd be nice if we had a player that could do it all. But then again, Dubas would have to pay that guy a bagillion gazillion dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad