GDT: Leafs@Canadiens 7PM CBC HNIC . Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Put Marleau on 4th line and move Johnson out of 4th line and put him with Matthews or Marner. I cant take another year of that plug Marleau being on the team, send him to Robidas Island since Egocock is obsessed with him. Imagine having plugs like Marleau, Hyman, Brown higher in the depth chart than Johnson. Best coach ever btw.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I've shit on Nylander, since I don't like him as much as a lot of people here, but something seriously changed once he got back. The team doesn't look remotely the same as it did prior to his signing. Was it him? Was it all the contract talk (Marner/Kap/Matthews)? Was it the dealing of Leivo, was he well liked in the room? Something about this team changed right around the same time though.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Can everyone who makes 10M+ or anyone who wants to make 10M+ start dominating any period now. K thanks.

Reactions: dsred

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
They also have to face the very hot Blues and Golden Knights, up by just 7 pts.

Yea 9th place is pretty much possible.

Or you can spin it...

we have to face the inferior Blues & Golden Knights, while we are 1 point out of second place in the division. (with a game in hand)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Which shows just how close it is between being the "3rd best team" and barely clinging to a wild card position. Nothing to be overly proud of.

The Leafs have 7 points and 2 games in hand on the 9th place team right now.

I don't think you realize just how big of a gap that is with just 25 odd games to play for most teams.

Again, look at the standings by P% to find out the truth.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Put Marleau on 4th line and move Johnson out of 4th line and put him with Matthews or Marner. I cant take another year of that plug Marleau being on the team, send him to Robidas Island since Egocock is obsessed with him. Imagine having plugs like Marleau, Hyman, Brown higher in the depth chart than Johnson. Best coach ever btw.

Yeah it's really sad. AJ is our best LW and he is glued to the 4th line lmao

Reactions: TMLS

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I've **** on Nylander, since I don't like him as much as a lot of people here, but something seriously changed once he got back. The team doesn't look remotely the same as it did prior to his signing. Was it him? Was it all the contract talk (Marner/Kap/Matthews)? Was it the dealing of Leivo, was he well liked in the room? Something about this team changed right around the same time though.

the PP stopped scoring

That's what's changed.

That's the only thing.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Which shows just how close it is between being the "3rd best team" and barely clinging to a wild card position. Nothing to be overly proud of.

Sounds a lot like "we set a new franchise record last season"!

Good way to infer how incompetent this organization has been for how long when our franchise record doesn't even put our team in the top-5.

Reactions: Nalens Oga

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Andersen changed the flow of the game by letting in that muffin. Now the Canadiens are playing the trap and just trying to wait for turnovers

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lack of passion. Our team doesn't have the killer instinct required to win and need inspiration. It's a matter of buy in, if this is what they have for MTL, we are going to have problems in the PO.

I think success goes to their heads. Nice response after going down early but then they go to sleep. They did it against the Sens when they went up 4-2 and then turned it on when they needed a goal. Hopefully they can find the winner in the 3rd.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
bring up Moore too, he's the 2nd best LW in the organization. he's too good for the Marlies and he brings energy and speed

Reactions: TMLS and Schenn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->