Friedman: Leafs calling on G Linus Ullmark

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Because you are clearly a genius and smarter than everyone: what makes Ullmark a backup?

You’re not allowed to say “he has no 35+ win seasons” as a reason.
oh by the way i am not a genius by any means just been whatching the game for quite a few years and have played the game, i just have my own opinion of certain players that's all......

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
No he hasn’t. Hutton has the amount of games played that he does because of Ullmark being out with an injury.
i rest my case so he is injury prone, why on earth would the leafs trade for another injury prone backup as they already have a couple

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014

Friedman, get off it, leafs don't need an injury prone backup goalie they already have a couple so stop it with your bullcrap already, ullmark is not what the leafs need so stop it, don't go giving dubass any bad ideas as he is screwed up as it is......

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Every team knows the Leafs are desperate for goaltending help and will demand a kings ransom. They can't afford another playoff disaster.

The Leafs have the hottest goaltender in the NHL (and he's playing well too), so I don't see the desperation

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Maybe, but a 2nd is a tad rich. Does anyone remember what VGK paid for Lehner? It was a 5th round pick. He was a starter for VGK in the playoffs too.

There is zero reason for the Sabres to trade Ullmark for anything less than a second. You would trade a 3rd for the an exclusive window to negotiate with Ullmark. So unless he tells the Sabres there is no way he's coming back, you have to get a second. Ultimately, get him signed by April 12 or trade him but once you get down to 3rds, 4ths and 5ths what are you getting? Nothing. Sabres need to figure out his plan. If he's coy, he's probably gone.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
i rest my case so he is injury prone, why on earth would the leafs trade for another injury prone backup as they already have a couple

Another goalie playing in place of an injured person doesn’t mean the injured party is a backup.

Now if you wanna say he’d be the backup to Campbell, that’s fine. But you’re a Leaf fan who probably only watches the Leafs. So stop pretending you know what you’re talking about.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

Leafs may not want another G with injury issues but ullmark is quite clearly the starter in Buffalo and a very good one at that

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Until he isn’t hot or gets injured in the playoffs.
Career 0.920 over 72 games. Not worried about him being "hot" at all. His injuries are a little concerning. Sure we'd love another starter quality goalie, but then Jack will want traded. He's ready to be a starter whether with the Leafs or elsewhere.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Another goalie playing in place of an injured person doesn’t mean the injured party is a backup.

Now if you wanna say he’d be the backup to Campbell, that’s fine. But you’re a Leaf fan who probably only watches the Leafs. So stop pretending you know what you’re talking about.
how would you know what i whatch buddy, i have been whatching hockey for over 50 years so don't tell me what i whatch only, when i was a kid i used to like the sabres and still do but am a leafs fan, i whatch hockey ok and a lot of it and not just the leafs so don't tell me about your problems, wanna be hockey fan......

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Leafs may not want another G with injury issues but ullmark is quite clearly the starter in Buffalo and a very good one at that
thats great so i hope you keep him going forward, he will always be a back up mark my words, sabres are not going to win with him as a starter..

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
how would you know what i whatch buddy, i have been whatching hockey for over 50 years so don't tell me what i whatch only, when i was a kid i used to like the sabres and still do but am a leafs fan, i whatch hockey ok and a lot of it and not just the leafs so don't tell me about your problems, wanna be hockey fan......

i like that you type with a Boston accent!

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
He doesn't need to be a rental. They're not signing Andersen, so they'll need someone to partner with Campbell next year. He won't be too costly either.

In which case, yes, it's a 1st & a prospect.

So it's a sign and trade? Because if not it's a rental....

Reactions: socko

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Goalies commanding first round picks now?

Yeah, Leafs don't want or need Ullmark when we can have any other goalie warm the bench for a portion of the cost.

Reactions: Dustin

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So it's a sign and trade? Because if not it's a rental....

He's a UFA, so Leafs are free to sign him if they wish. They signed Campbell after trading for him. Andersen is doubtful to come back, so they'll need someone to partner with Campbell next year.

He could be both a short or longer term solution, which is why a conditional 1st is likely. The conditions being Leafs resign him OR get to Final 4.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
He would be your number not even close but don't want to trade him so moot point
i think your still dreaming that the leafs are going to trade for him and your getting one of our valued top prospects, dream on and on. maybe a 4th or 5th round pick maybe for that backup

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Sabres have to keep Ullmark :

as per Vogl :

Linus Ullmark is 6-5-3 with a .920 save percentage and 2.49 goals-against average.

Carter Hutton, Jonas Johansson and Dustin Tokarski are a combined 1-18-2 with an .886 and 3.66.
Side note, it's save ratio, not percentage... (the old "sv%" shorthand keeps hanging on and nothing wrong with that)

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
He's a UFA, so Leafs are free to sign him if they wish. They signed Campbell after trading for him. Andersen is doubtful to come back, so they'll need someone to partner with Campbell next year.

He could be both a short or longer term solution, which is why a conditional 1st is likely. The conditions being Leafs resign him OR get to Final 4.
Well since you brought up Campbell he cost us a 3rd, a conditional 3rd and Trevor Moore and we also got Kyle Clifford back.

I don't see how Ullmark would ever be worth a first unless he comes back with one hell of a signed contract.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
i think your still dreaming that the leafs are going to trade for him and your getting one of our valued top prospects, dream on and on. maybe a 4th or 5th round pick maybe for that backup
English isn't your strong suit is it? I said I don't want to trade him,peroid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad