May stay in the team
(unless he signs a new contract).

The player makes it easier:
RFA, UFA
The future of Eichel….
Exchange is possible at a good price.
Ullmark - 2nd 2021 (minimum)
Ullmark - 1st 2021 (optimal)

An exchange with less profit is unnecessary.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For a rental goalie? Doubt the Leafs or any team would pay that.

He doesn't need to be a rental. They're not signing Andersen, so they'll need someone to partner with Campbell next year. He won't be too costly either.

In which case, yes, it's a 1st & a prospect.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Abso-freaking-lutely.

The Sabres have won ONE game without Ullmark in net. ONE. I don't want to see the Sabres go into the offseason on another tailspin because we traded away our only NHL caliber goalie. It's not worth getting something middling in return.

Keep Ullmark. Stay competitive all year. Try to get some positive momentum headed into the offseason. Deal with an extension later if he doesn't sign one before the TDL.
'Middling return' is still a return. The team is struggling along the bottom of the league right now anyway so grab a pick, ensure a decent place in this lottery and try to sign him and reload for next year.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I mean Ullmark got new Sabres pads yesterday.... he is not being traded.
Jack in the other hand never wears anything Sabres. Not even in main
Sabres interviews as the face of the nation. Can't wait to ship him to the Kings.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Sabres probably dont mind 2nd + 50% Andersen for Ullmark

I cannot imagine the Leafs retaining on Andersen in an Ullmark deal... there's just no logical reason to.

Andersen's salary this year is $1m. Ullmark's salary this year is $2.6m. Of course both amounts will need to be "scaled down" to whatever proportion is remaining at the time the deal is made, but the fact is the Sabres will save a bit of money on the swap.

Andersen + a 2nd is likely a slight overpayment -- considering the Sabres could then turn around and flip Andersen for positive assets if they wanted to.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Unless he doesn't want to stay on a last place team
When people make comments like this it makes me think they haven't played sports.A players ego and competiveness is huge.Does he think he is one of the players to turn it around? If he does and likes the area along with his young family he stays.Lots of factors involves when making a decision. Of course he can say hell with it ,uproot his family ,go to Toronto and try to win a cup.He can also resign with Buffalo or Toronto and get taxed to death.Choices,choices.I guess only time will tell ladies and gents lol

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
'Middling return' is still a return. The team is struggling along the bottom of the league right now anyway so grab a pick, ensure a decent place in this lottery and try to sign him and reload for next year.
OR keep Ullmark, develop momentum and a winning culture in the locker room now. Sabres are 2-0-2 since his return and 7-5-4 on the season. Trading him would send a terrible message for a freakin message to the team that is finally having fun again after Krueger was fired.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
No, it ain’t.

There's a lot goalies who have gone for 1sts, including Leafs own Andersen and Martin Jones. Ullmark is in that class of goalie.

This is not a great draft & Leafs will have a late pick, so a 1st & prospect is a reasonable ask. Or, at minimum, a conditional 1st based off Leafs signing him and/or getting to Final Four. If they do neither, then it's a 2nd & a prospect.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
When people make comments like this it makes me think they haven't played sports.A players ego and competiveness is huge.Does he think he is one of the players to turn it around? If he does and likes the area along with his young family he stays.Lots of factors involves when making a decision. Of course he can say hell with it ,uproot his family ,go to Toronto and try to win a cup.He can also resign with Buffalo or Toronto and get taxed to death.Choices,choices.I guess only time will tell ladies and gents lol
I agree with this and also Ullmark wants to play. I think people are neglecting that if he stays in Buffalo he is likely the 1A guy going forward and for at least the next 2-3 years. He won't have that guarantee in other places.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
OR keep Ullmark, develop momentum and a winning culture in the locker room now. Sabres are 2-0-2 since his return and 7-5-4 on the season. Trading him would send a terrible message for a freakin message to the team that is finally having fun again after Krueger was fired.
Things are rebounding now but teams will adapt and adjust. Whether people like it or not the Sabres are still sellers at this deadline and Ullmark is an expiring contract so a GM has to be including him in trade conversations and negotiations - or else they aren't doing their job. His recent success may actually help increase his price so if Dubas does make a good offer Buffalo may not have much of a choice.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Trade him for a '22 or '23 pick then.

Or, my preferred thing: don't trade him.

This is what I'm saying.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Things are rebounding now but teams will adapt and adjust. Whether people like it or not the Sabres are still sellers at this deadline and Ullmark is an expiring contract so a GM has to be including him in trade conversations and negotiations - or else they aren't doing their job. His recent success may actually help increase his price so if Dubas does make a good offer Buffalo may not have much of a choice.
I fully expect Hall and Montour to be traded. Ullmark will absolutely not be traded. Pin this if you like.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I fully expect Hall and Montour to be traded. Ullmark will absolutely not be traded. Pin this if you like.
Of the three Ullmark's recent success would make him more valuable than either Hall and Montour so don't get too comfy. The Sabres could trade all three and then prepare for a really wild offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad