Friedman: Leafs calling on G Linus Ullmark

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
if ullmark finishes strong and continues to play well, there could certainly be a handful of teams who are very interested in him as UFA come the offseason. Few that come to mind potentially would be Toronto, Boston, Edmonton, Colorado, Carolina & Nashville. Plus obviously i assume buffalo will really want to keep him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So a goalie is only a backup until they win?

You hate him too much for being a fan of a team with two backups then, using your logic.

A goalie is generally seen as a backup until he plays a starters load, with a career high of 37 games Ullmark has never done that

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
A goalie is generally seen as a backup until he plays a starters load, with a career high of 37 games Ullmark has never done that
Ullmark is a starter.Last year when he got hurt we struggled,same this year.My only concern is injuries but otherwise definitely a starter at least in my eyes.The amount of games he played doesn't define him

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Comparable trade:

- Jack Campbell and Kyle Clifford were traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs by the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday for Trevor Moore, a third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and a third-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

Ullmark @ 50% retained for 2021 2nd, B prospect, roster dump

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Comparable trade:

- Jack Campbell and Kyle Clifford were traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs by the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday for Trevor Moore, a third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and a third-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

Roster player could be Hutchinson. He's signed through '22 so could be either protected or exposed in the expansion draft. If he passes through that he can play for the Sabres next year and be flipped at the '22 deadline if things don't work out next year either.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Comparable trade:

1. MORE demand for goalies now. Ullmark more proven than Campbell at time.
2. What's in for Buffalo for take a roster dump and B prospect. They can just keep him and have a limited negotiating window in off-season no one else. And by cap dump, I assume that's not a 2021-22 contract because that would be comedy.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Comparable trade:

Historically, this is likely a good comparable and is what Ullmark is worth right now. For that return it is my sincere hope as a Sabre fan that they hold onto him, even if it means losing him in free agency. Playing the rest of this season like an actual NHL team will be worth more to the young players on the Sabres, and therefore to the organization, than a B level prospect and the 60th pick in the 2021 draft.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Roster player could be Hutchinson. He's signed through '22 so could be either protected or exposed in the expansion draft. If he passes through that he can play for the Sabres next year and be flipped at the '22 deadline if things don't work out next year either.

Hutchinson has value? Put him in net on Sabres and he'll get destroyed.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Historically, this is likely a good comparable and is what Ullmark is worth right now. For that return it is my sincere hope as a Sabre fan that they hold onto him, even if it means losing him in free agency. Playing the rest of this season like an actual NHL team will be worth more to the young players on the Sabres, and therefore to the organization, than a B level prospect and the 60th pick in the 2021 draft.

Historically? Means less this year. Pretty illiquid market at trade deadline. Values change quickly. A Leafs 3rd will be in the 80s, very low-grade. If it's a second and Ullmark gives little indication of signing by April 12, that's a deal I make. Seconds can be packaged for lots of stuff at draft.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Hutchinson has value? Put him in net on Sabres and he'll get destroyed.
He's been saving up to 92% of the shots against him and that's exactly what you need in an NHL goalie who's going to play a lot of games. He also has value as a signed goalie that can be either protected or exposed in the Seattle expansion draft or used as a backup in '21-'22. If things don't work out he can be flipped at the '22 deadline.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He's a UFA, so Leafs are free to sign him if they wish. They signed Campbell after trading for him. Andersen is doubtful to come back, so they'll need someone to partner with Campbell next year.

He could be both a short or longer term solution, which is why a conditional 1st is likely. The conditions being Leafs resign him OR get to Final 4.

Leafs did not sign Campbell.

He was acquired with term left.

Also, conditional draft picks on the condition of a player signing are no longer permitted.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Comparable trade:

Historically? Means less this year. Pretty illiquid market at trade deadline. Values change quickly. A Leafs 3rd will be in the 80s, very low-grade. If it's a second and Ullmark gives little indication of signing by April 12, that's a deal I make. Seconds can be packaged for lots of stuff at draft.

Who in this scenario is the Clifford equivalent?
Also: Cozens. Why and how much?

Reydin

Jun 21, 2008
1. MORE demand for goalies now. Ullmark more proven than Campbell at time.
2. What's in for Buffalo for take a roster dump and B prospect. They can just keep him and have a limited negotiating window in off-season no one else. And by cap dump, I assume that's not a 2021-22 contract because that would be comedy.
We do not have any contract to dump

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
All the low balling here I guess Sabres and Leafs can down some beers on the golf coarse after the first round once again..
oh i know one team that is not going to even reach the first round, they will be a few holes ahead on the course.....

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
The NHL is boring. They wont move him, he will re-sign for a slightly above average contract becuase of Buffalos woes.
He will be good enough to keep Buffalo out of last place for a few years, but Buffalo wont be able to surround him with enough tallent to win.
They will get stuck in the worst place, outside the playoffs and outside lottery picks.

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo

Highly doubt Adams would move a "foundational piece" for a mid-round pick+cap dump which is about all I'm seeing from Leafs fans

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
All the low balling here I guess Sabres and Leafs can down some beers on the golf coarse after the first round once again..
Why you think the Leafs win win it in 4 and have time to play golf before the second round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad