TSN: Leafs' Bozak talks new additions, contract, criticism

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Ya he was the #2C and he wasn't producing despite having Kane on the wing + he got injured. Getting two 4ths and a 2nd for a dude that can't produce with Kane on the wing and injury problems is like a gold-mine.

What are you even arguing about?

Started off talking about how much Bolland was going to want and now you are complaining about the deal.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
What are you even arguing about?

Started off talking about how much Bolland was going to want and now you are complaining about the deal.

You said Chicago had to trade Bolland because of the $$ he would ask when his contract is done.

I'm trying to tell you that he played like crap and that he was on the block long before his cap hit was an issue.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
You said Chicago had to trade Bolland because of the $$ he would ask when his contract is done.

I'm trying to tell you that he played like crap and that he was on the block long before his cap hit was an issue.

Good thing they didn't trade him until after he scored the game winning goal to win the cup;)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You have no idea what you are talking about.

The whole reason he was traded out from Chicago is because they knew he'd be asking too much and they couldn't afford him.

They traded him because they couldn't afford him this year, nothing to do with hus next contract.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You really need to watch the blackhawks more.

They traded him because he became their #4C by the end of the season (Shaw,Handzus stole his spots) and the hawks wanted to get into the draft.

And who's going to pay 3.375mil for a 4th line C? Nobody.

Not really true.

Bolland was #2 all year, suffered a hammy injury at the end of the season, missed round one, and was gradually eased back into the lineup over the rest of the playoffs, culminating with him getting back to his usual 16+ minutes in the finals, and back to his productive ways with 3gls/5pts in the 6gm final, including the cup winning goal.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia

They got Marcus Kruger ready to be given more responsibilities. He's a very strong playmaker and could make his linemates better. The same goes for Teuvo Teravainen.

Hossa spent a significant time with Saad in the playoffs as was Kane with Bickell. I could see both of their new centres being given some time with the skilled guys on the team. Their production is based on depth and it's still largely in tact.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
All i see is faceoffs, faceoffs and faceoffs. Why did we trade David Steckel, he's arguably one of the best in the league at faceoffs.

Point production stinks. Playing with Kessel, 1st PP unit, 20mins a game and he hardly produces.

Not to mention the article is extremely edgy.

Like "This past season he took 1,063 faceoffs, second in the league behind only Claude Giroux, and was third in percentage of team faceoffs behind Giroux and Sidney Crosby"

Who really cares how many faceoffs a player takes? I want to know how much faceoffs he has won compared to his loss ratio.

Fact is, Bozak is 52.6% in Face-offs percentage and 63rd in the league amongst Centers. Not elite company by any means:laugh:

When Bozak reaches the 60% plateau in face-off percentage, then he deserves some praise.

I was trying to take you agenda seriously until I read your statement in bold. I'm not going to get into any patronizing math-related arguments, but if you're not taking into account the total amount of faceoff's then your argument is completely void.

Figure it out.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Bozak is the best centerman on the team. Sorry, but Kadri is not a 1st. line center at this stage of his career.

Any complaints about that should be directed towards Burke.

Last time I checked Bozak was not a GM that has failed to provide what everyone believes the Leafs need.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Who really cares how many faceoffs a player takes? I want to know how much faceoffs he has won compared to his loss ratio.

Fact is, Bozak is 52.6% in Face-offs percentage and 63rd in the league amongst Centers. Not elite company by any means:laugh:

When Bozak reaches the 60% plateau in face-off percentage, then he deserves some praise.

If Bozak reached 60% FO wins with 1000 faceoffs taken, he'd be the best faceoff man in the league.

Bergeron had 62% with 884 taken and Toews had 59.9 with 933 taken.

Tyler Biggs*

In the words of George McPhee, “If they knew the game, they’d be in it.â€

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Bozak has been coached rather well. Those are all some pretty PC answers. I like the additions. I don't like the cap hits. I think for the next season or two it'll be a positive, after that it may be an issue.

I would expect the Cap to be upwards of 80+ million in two to three years. These contracts won't matter much then imo, don't sweat it seriously the finances and future of the team will be fine.

MajorityRules*

^ Theres alot of difference between Staal/Koivu and Bozak's game, who they play with, they're strengths, career paths etc etc.

Like, Staal playing #3C on a checking role for the most of his career, and Bozak playing with a PPG winger, they all factor in.

Lets just say that for every article that tells us why Bozak is a #1C, theres another 100 articles that tell us why he isn't.

Can you point me to where these articles are. Shouldn't be hard to find since there's at least 100 of them.

hockeyfanz*

Considering you consistently take shots at Burke, the Leafs and everyone on it in general, is there actually a player on the Leafs (present or last 10 years) you actually DO like? Because from where I'm sitting, you sound an awful lot like Disgruntled Observer; players suck simply because Burke acquired them, hockey skills be damned.

You're right about one thing...taking shots at Burke..because I found the man obnoxiously over-rated by many fans. And lets not be so melodramatic...of course there are players I like on the Leafs....Bozak is not one of them..perhaps because he is a representation of the idiot and his free wallets. I'd not complain if Nonis completely changed the team to put his own stamp on it. Right now...as it stands I can honestly say I do like a number of Burke's players including Kessel, JVR and Lupul and McClement....I know Toronto has a massive hardon for Gardiner..but I will wait to see what exactly this guy is before annointing him the next Paul Coffey. Phaneuf can go away IMO and guys like Reilly and Kadri are just reminders of the poor job Burke actually did while he "managed" the team (ie high draft picks)...even JVR was a result of a high draft pick (Luke Schenn although he was pre-Burke)...

All in all...perhaps Im not all that high on last years team but I think the off-season moves by Nonis should considerably bolster the team. Not to be SC contenders but at least to be playoff contenders. No guarantee they get in though. Still think they can be anywhere between 6th and 9th in the EC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad