TSN: Leafs' Bozak talks new additions, contract, criticism

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
How can one line even afford to have three top liners? The centre isn't the most important position unless you're Steve Yzerman. Yes, you can see more ice in that position, but the fact is St Louis is probably one of the best playmaking forwards in the NHL today. Likewise Kessel is an elite playmaker and I don't see Kadri matching him there.

Top line LW - Glue guy - Elite RW Playmaker /w fast release

If Bozy was as good as people say he is then he shouldn't have a problem making the 2nd line a threat, no?

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
You're adhering to the worst arguments here to try to win the debate. The logical Bozak "supporters" have him as an average second liner. Nobody is saying that Bozak is an elite second liner and almost a first liner.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
how come? Bolland could like it and want to stay.

He is going to want too much money. With Kessel and Phaneuf raises + we have no idea how much it is going to cost us to keep Kadri, Gunner and Franson + (i also think we need to resign Reimer), there is not enough cap room.

Also if we do resign Bolland what happens to Colborne?

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
So then when teams shut down the Kessel Kadri with their defenseman, where do we turn for offence?

I personally think Bozak would be a better #2C than a #1C, and could even contribute offensively.

Lupul - Bozak - Clarkson could be one hell of a line, maybe Bozak facing 2nd pairing D-men instead of top pairing D-men he could rack up points and goals,

Kadri isn't really yet to be a #1C but if he's racking up points on the 2nd line against top defenders he should get some consideration.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
He is going to want too much money. With Kessel and Phaneuf raises + we have no idea how much it is going to cost us to keep Kadri, Gunner and Franson + (i also think we need to resign Reimer), there is not enough cap room.

Also if we do resign Bolland what happens to Colborne?

We're already offloading Bolland because of his imaginary demands? He hasn't even played a game yet! Gotta love this fanbase

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I personally think Bozak would be a better #2C than a #1C, and could even contribute offensively.

Lupul - Bozak - Clarkson could be one hell of a line, maybe Bozak facing 2nd pairing D-men instead of top pairing D-men he could rack up points and goals,

Kadri isn't really yet to be a #1C but if he's racking up points on the 2nd line against top defenders he should get some consideration.
Again, who would carry the offence?
None of them are primary players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad