OT: Leafs Board OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Should be finding out about that job I mentioned a few days ago, today.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Read that in high school. Quite good, from what I can remember.

ugh i ended up hating that book had to read it like 5 times. blegh.

Cor, good luck on the job news front.

the Cdn dollar was so high this weekend and it dropped again :( get higher, Dollar, you can do it. at least 80-85c. that's it. that's all i ask.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Just finished reading 1984. Best book I have ever read. Some of the stuff in there left me with tears :(

Super good. Found the first half boring in my first read but when I finished the book I appreciate the slow, maturing type of pace it had. Fahrenheit 451 is a good similar type read. I Didn't care to much for animal farm.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
ugh i ended up hating that book had to read it like 5 times. blegh.

Cor, good luck on the job news front.

the Cdn dollar was so high this weekend and it dropped again :( get higher, Dollar, you can do it. at least 80-85c. that's it. that's all i ask.

I wish Canada was more like the forward thinking European countries like Denmark instead of always comparing and measuring our economy to the states.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I wish Canada was more like the forward thinking European countries like Denmark instead of always comparing and measuring our economy to the states.

Unfortunately, we share the North American continent with the U.S.A.

As a result, our economies are closely related, and, somewhat dependent.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Snow shovelers out there, be safe -- protect your back! Haha

More importantly, take care of your hearts!

Shovel responsibly. Take deep breaths, shovel smaller loads, and, rest often. Don't feel you have to shovel everywhere in one pass. Do the shoveling in stages, taking extended breaks in between.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

i import a lot of things from the states - :) so i neeed the dollar to be relatively par (if not quite par, i know it's probably never going to be that high again).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
i import a lot of things from the states - :) so i neeed the dollar to be relatively par (if not quite par, i know it's probably never going to be that high again).

Never is a big word. Getting smaller all the time but still. ;)

Me I want the dollar to go down (for a while anyway). :D

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Never is a big word. Getting smaller all the time but still. ;)

Me I want the dollar to go down (for a while anyway). :D

wasn't our dollar so high because the american dollar was so LOW?

why do you want it down ;) what are you up to Gary?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Now there's a good question. It's funny, when people talk about our dollar rising or falling, it's almost always in relation the US dollar. So is our dollar rising or is the US dollar falling? I guess the answer is neither, or both - it all depends on your perspective. So when I said I want the Canadian dollar to fall, I wasn't giving an accurate picture of what I want because I don't care about the US dollar, what I want is for our dollar to fall relative to the euro.

why do you want it down ;) what are you up to Gary?

My wife has property up for sale in Europe. :)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Now there's a good question. It's funny, when people talk about our dollar rising or falling, it's almost always in relation the US dollar. So is our dollar rising or is the US dollar falling? I guess the answer is neither, or both - it all depends on your perspective. So when I said I want the Canadian dollar to fall, I wasn't giving an accurate picture of what I want because I don't care about the US dollar, what I want is for our dollar to fall relative to the euro.

My wife has property up for sale in Europe. :)

okay i can be patient for that :) i hope you can close quickly.

this is true. Like - i want our dollar to be stable. I know that people think that us having a "weak" dollar is great for our country because we're an exporting country. so people can buy our things easier.

but. for small businesses - it's a killer. we import a LOT. several friends i know had to close up shop. I was contemplating opening my own - but if the dollar doesn't improve i might now. a dollar 1.31 difference is aggravating. (comparative to the Euro, it's nice. Australia/NZ i good too)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
okay i can be patient for that :) i hope you can close quickly.

this is true. Like - i want our dollar to be stable. I know that people think that us having a "weak" dollar is great for our country because we're an exporting country. so people can buy our things easier.

but. for small businesses - it's a killer. we import a LOT. several friends i know had to close up shop. I was contemplating opening my own - but if the dollar doesn't improve i might now. a dollar 1.31 difference is aggravating. (comparative to the Euro, it's nice. Australia/NZ i good too)

Thanks Daisy, I hope we do too (but I think it may take a while).

I feel your pain. When I lived in Europe I ran a business where we were importing and one of our main sources was in GB so I always kept one eye on the pound. I found it quite frustrating that how well we were doing was due in part to external factors we had zero control over.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Man, I don't care for winter at all anymore. When I was little I loved winter because I played hockey. Now that I have lived in Australia, Switzerland, and Vietnam (North of the country) I don't care for winter tat all. Those countries have very mild winters. I prefer that over snow.

Same.

Snow was sort of magical when I was a kid, especially since it came around Christmas time, but just done with winter as a whole now.

Tired of the colds, slips and falls, snow and ice (especially as a pedestrian), and the terrible weather.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Same.

Snow was sort of magical when I was a kid, especially since it came around Christmas time, but just done with winter as a whole now.

Tired of the colds, slips and falls, snow and ice (especially as a pedestrian), and the terrible weather.

I haven't fallen in ages myself but that is an issue for sure. For me it's commuting that sucks. If I could work from home, winter probably wouldn't bother me at all (and there's something about the change of seasons that's quite nice IMO).

Edit - my ideal winter would be something like lots of snow for maybe a week or so around Christmas, then no snow period, just nice dry asphalt. :) The cold doesn't bother me so much.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Same.

Might as well just stop interacting with people then :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad