OT: Leafs Board OT thread - Read 1st Post before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Honestly, batman V superman=3 hours of meh.
I couldn't really tell you any specific scenes. I wish I hadn't spent my time on it. I'm not a big superhero guy and I wasn't 100% "there" but still, meh.
I liked Ben Affleck. Liked whoever played superman, heck I even enjoyed Eisenberg as lex Luther but Christ, so long, so mediocre...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly, batman V superman=3 hours of meh.
I couldn't really tell you any specific scenes. I wish I hadn't spent my time on it. I'm not a big superhero guy and I wasn't 100% "there" but still, meh.
I liked Ben Affleck. Liked whoever played superman, heck I even enjoyed Eisenberg as lex Luther but Christ, so long, so mediocre...

Henry Cavill

I love him.

(but the movie looked boring in the commericals) - but SUPERMAN is boring. heck I watched all 10 seasons of Smallville, and the crappiest part of it was Clark Kent.

i woke up this morning to thunderstorms :) i'm a happy girl

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Ugh can't fall back asleep.
Took the curtains in my room down so I wake naturally but it sucks when you get to bed late. Gonna rock 4 hours of sleep today :/

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Henry Cavill

I love him.

(but the movie looked boring in the commericals) - but SUPERMAN is boring. heck I watched all 10 seasons of Smallville, and the crappiest part of it was Clark Kent.

Superman isn't boring, Clark Kent is. He is just an average guy doing average things.

I actually really liked smallville though but yeah it does get a little boring sometimes.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Superman isn't boring, Clark Kent is. He is just an average guy doing average things.

I actually really liked smallville though but yeah it does get a little boring sometimes.

in superhero lore? Superman is boring. you KNOW he's always going to do the right thing, there's nothing questionable or "holy s...." moves from him.

Batman, Spiderman, ____man ;) they can totally cross that line. Superman never will. Boring.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
in superhero lore? Superman is boring. you KNOW he's always going to do the right thing, there's nothing questionable or "holy s...." moves from him.

Batman, Spiderman, ____man ;) they can totally cross that line. Superman never will. Boring.

Batman has always been my favourite, I read the comics, have played all the games, Harley Quinn is my fav female villain (100000000000000 excited for Margot Robbie in Suicide Squad) I even read the comics based off the games :laugh:

My favourite anti-hero though has always been Deadpool. Not just because of his recent movie that came out (I have seen it 3 times so far though) but I used to read all of his comics growing up.

I want to get back into comic book reading as there are so many good ones to get into but I don't know if I want to invest the time.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
There are so many different characters and story lines I want to read but as I said, it would take a lot of time to get into. Maybe I could if I just read like a single comic issue once before bed every night or something.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

I don't know. Captain America has pretty much the same morales as Superman but Marvel have done a good job making him one of if not the most compelling character(s) in the MCU.

I think in better hands Superman would be more interesting. Unfortunately Snyder is more interested in turning him into some dark brooding superhero who treats being one like it's this huge burden. Superman can still be a good guy and be interesting. Don't know if we'll ever get that though.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Henry Cavill

I love him.

Henry Cavill is a good looking man

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I don't know. Captain America has pretty much the same morales as Superman but Marvel have done a good job making him one of if not the most compelling character(s) in the MCU.

I think in better hands Superman would be more interesting. Unfortunately Snyder is more interested in turning him into some dark brooding superhero who treats being one like it's this huge burden. Superman can still be a good guy and be interesting. Don't know if we'll ever get that though.

maybe. I don't know either. yeah - Captain America is that good ole, American Boy and usually walks the right side of the line - but yeah in MCU he's very.. complex in his straightlacedness. (I love Cap.)

i don't think so. Smallville did it.. but then Tom Welling always played it off as a whiny baby.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Great actor too. Loved him in The Tudors.

And I agree with DJ, Superman is a very boring character. Don't think there's a Superman movie made that haven't been crap, except perhaps Man of Steel.

One of the worst superman movies IMO, just absolutely hated it.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I thought Henry did a great job but the movie was all over the place and I just couldn't get into it. I thought about walking out of the theater about 3/4 of the way through but decided to just wait it out.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Batman V. Superman was entertaining for sure. Critics were far too harsh.

Probably because it wasn't a Hollywood ending...

you can PM me, i'm never gonna watch it, how did it end?

Henry Cavill is a good looking man

yes, he is. Ewan mcGregor too. but i think it's the fact that they look amazing with a beard AND they have an accent. I am a sucker for both, I can not tell a lie.

(sigh). and they are both married so my secret dream of running away to England, bumping into them and getting married to one of them is gone. boo.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
you can PM me, i'm never gonna watch it, how did it end?

yes, he is. Ewan mcGregor too. but i think it's the fact that they look amazing with a beard AND they have an accent. I am a sucker for both, I can not tell a lie.

(sigh). and they are both married so my secret dream of running away to England, bumping into them and getting married to one of them is gone. boo.

Probably no need to PM you with the ending. Spoilers everywhere now since the opening weekend has come and gone.

Let's just say if your up on your DC comic book mythos, Doomsday played his role well.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Was just watching Hockey Wives with my girlfriend and Winnik's wife said he pulled the naked man on their first date :laugh: Apparently he came over to her place to cook dinner but then stripped in the middle of the kitchen.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Was just watching Hockey Wives with my girlfriend and Winnik's wife said he pulled the naked man on their first date :laugh: Apparently he came over to her place to cook dinner but then stripped in the middle of the kitchen.

what? :laugh:

that's quite the risk, what if she's like. "um. ew, no." lol

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Just another reason to love Winnik.

One of the worst superman movies IMO, just absolutely hated it.

It's got plot holes all over, but I found it at least decent while most Superman movies are among the worst I've seen, all categories.

Most superman movies lack a nerve, in my opinion. It's like doing a war movie based on guys driving around in a tank fighting evil, one-legged boys armed with sticks, that want to take over the world. Then in the end the tank crew gets out of the tank to take a piss, ie encounter krypton, at which point the evil, one-legged boys swarm them and wack them with their sticks. Only through Perseverance, Goodness and Sacrifice do the tank crew fight them off, get back in the tank and proceed to save the world. Sometimes they get saved by hot chick along the way.

Last edited:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Cashews have urushiol in them which is the oil in poison ivy that causes the rash. I loved cashews but I started noticing the swelling in between my fingers and palms and hives in my mouth and lips which are a side effect of bad poison ivy reactions that I get(I'm one of those 10% of people who are allergic to the plant who get dangerous reactions from contacting poison ivy). I was surprised that cashews would have that oil in them when the doctor mentioned it. Mangoes as well apparently although I've never reacted from them.

I'm like that with pistachios, walnuts and unbalanced almonds. I would call it more of an intolerance than an allergy. I'll still eat pistachios once in a while because it's worth the annoyance.

Cashews are cocaine though.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

guess being good looking and rich lets you get away with things like this on a first date... :laugh:

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Speaking of super heroes (not really), I just found out Archer is back on Thursday! :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad