OT: Leafs Board OT thread - Read 1st Post before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
**** Zack Snyder. Dude is the Michael Bay of comic hero movies. Saw Batman vs Superman earlier today and all it was was a bunch of cool visuals to mask a ****** plot. 3/10

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
That Walking Dead episode tho...

You'll be alright... :amazed:

Is it just me or does Dwight have a Matthew McConaughey on crack sort of thing going on?

images

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
10 years for that POS Marco Muzzo for killing 4 people. Thus system is such a joke. What i would do to be left in a room alone with that *******.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
10 years for that POS Marco Muzzo for killing 4 people. Thus system is such a joke. What i would do to be left in a room alone with that *******.

Not to mention he gets parole after 3 years (which he's basically guaranteed to get with zero history and probably not being violent while incarcerated) :facepalm:

What a joke.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

He essentially destroyed that poor family. I mean 3 young kids (and of course the grandpa too)...Jesus Christ. :shakehead

It's hard to feel sympathy for drunk drivers. These types of things are so preventable, yet a person like Muzzo will drink and drive anyway.

At the same time, a life sentence won't bring the victims back. Rehabilitation over punishment. This **** shouldn't get parole after 3 years, though. That's a ****ing joke.

He should never be allowed to drive again and should give a trillion seminars, lectures, PSAs etc. about the consequences of drunk driving.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
how does batman fight superman anyway?

sounds ridiculous. As ridiculous as one of you guys trying to fight me.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Saw it last night

4/10

Doesn't take much to entertain me when it comes to comic book movies. I love them, and I enjoyed SvB, BUT.. i absolutely hated this version of Lex. He was more like the Joker or riddler. To skitzo, not enough master mind criminal.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Im very torn on this.

On one hand I feel the punishment is far too little (in truth, it will never be enough). I have a daughter of my own and can;t imagine the feeling those parents have. It was heartbeaking to hear the mother talk about her children.

On the other hand the point of prison is supposed to be rehabilitation. How much more time in prison is needed to rehabilitate him? Being in prison will only serve to cost taxpayer money for a guy who likely doesnt need to be there anymore.

The focus now needs to be on stopping this from happening in the future. How do we do that? Zero tolerance on blood alcohol limits and lifetime driving bans for breaking it? I guess, but chronic alcoholics have a tendency to drive with suspended licenses anyways.

Massive fines? Garnish wages?

Im also somewhat shocked this case wasnt used to change laws in regards to drinking and driving. If this same family had been gunned down, there would be a massive call for gun control, it probably would have been an election platform in the last Federal election. Booze? Nothing. Not a peep.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Im very torn on this.

On one hand I feel the punishment is far too little (in truth, it will never be enough). I have a daughter of my own and can;t imagine the feeling those parents have. It was heartbeaking to hear the mother talk about her children.

On the other hand the point of prison is supposed to be rehabilitation. How much more time in prison is needed to rehabilitate him? Being in prison will only serve to cost taxpayer money for a guy who likely doesnt need to be there anymore.

The focus now needs to be on stopping this from happening in the future. How do we do that? Zero tolerance on blood alcohol limits and lifetime driving bans for breaking it? I guess, but chronic alcoholics have a tendency to drive with suspended licenses anyways.

Massive fines? Garnish wages?

Im also somewhat shocked this case wasnt used to change laws in regards to drinking and driving. If this same family had been gunned down, there would be a massive call for gun control, it probably would have been an election platform in the last Federal election. Booze? Nothing. Not a peep.

I don't agree with you at all

prison is also about punishment , folks and society have to see that seriously concequences follow serious bad actions.

what drinking driving laws you want changed? we have some of the most strict rules and punishments on the entire planet

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I don't even know how to feel about the sentencing. He destroyed a family because of alcohol. I can't even begin to try to understand the pain that family must be going through. But this guy is going to have some issues. If he doesn't already, he's going to need intensive therapy once the guilt settles in. He destroyed his own life too.

But seriously, parole after 3? Gtfo

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Doesn't take much to entertain me when it comes to comic book movies. I love them, and I enjoyed SvB, BUT.. i absolutely hated this version of Lex. He was more like the Joker or riddler. To skitzo, not enough master mind criminal.

Yeah I've always thought of lex as a serious deep character, and while I like Eisenberg, from the trailers he seemed to joker like, too vocal.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Lex Luthor is supposed to be a ****ing genius :laugh: I haven't seen the movie yet but it does not look like they are going that route.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I don't agree with you at all

prison is also about punishment , folks and society have to see that seriously concequences follow serious bad actions.

what drinking driving laws you want changed? we have some of the most strict rules and punishments on the entire planet

It is about punishment, but in the case of a non-violent offender all prison is going to do is cost us A LOT of money after a certain amount of time.

He should be doing something other then just sitting in prison rotting away. Obviously not something enjoyable. Put him to work doing something and contributing to society, instead of just being a money pit.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
It is about punishment, but in the case of a non-violent offender all prison is going to do is cost us A LOT of money after a certain amount of time.

He should be doing something other then just sitting in prison rotting away. Obviously not something enjoyable. Put him to work doing something and contributing to society, instead of just being a money pit.

Or the death penalty. I'm all for getting rid of scum like Marco Muzzo.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto

Exactly what I was thinking during the movie. Lex sucked.

It took me a while to get used to Ben Affleck as batman but he's jacked and did OK.

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Does anyone in here play EHM Eastside hockey manager? I use to play this but haven't in like years, i want to get back to it! anyone know where i can download it for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad