Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Sabres 3-0!

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Disagree

Mikheyev and Kerfoot seem to have some chemistry. Kerfoot looked worse tonight than the other night, but overall has done well. In the offensive zone more than not.

Kerfoot seems like a player some won’t like and some will love with little in between

I didnt see him do anything. He looks like the rest of the borderline players that hardly look like they belong in the NHL

He is fast and does nothing else

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought that line looked much better when Aberg was replaced with Timashov. Still, agreed on Kerfoot. he's small and subtle so a lot of people will dislike him, even if he has a good game in terms of his line outplaying the opposition

I’m hopeful we see Agostino get a shot with Kerfoot and Mikheyev next game that line plays. Agostino can add that tenacity.

Reactions: Boutette

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I didnt see him do anything. He looks like the rest of the borderline players that hardly look like they belong in the NHL

He is fast and does nothing else

read the avs board about what they think about kerfoot. whatever they have said seems to translate to what i've seen thus far. then again still pre-season; new team, new system and new line mates

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AJ - Matthews - Nylander
Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Agostino
Moore - Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Schmaltz
Marincin in the press box

Andersen
Neuvirth/Hutchinson

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Disagree

Mikheyev and Kerfoot seem to have some chemistry. Kerfoot looked worse tonight than the other night, but overall has done well. In the offensive zone more than not.

Kerfoot seems like a player some won’t like and some will love with little in between
It's because he was part of the return for Kadri. The truth of the matter is, Kadri was pushed down the depth chart and wasn't ever going to come back up. Kerfoot will do just fine in his role, and had some good moments with Mikheyev. Just needs time to develop chemistry.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
My excitement for the season has increased exponentially the last few days.

The Marner saga bummed most of us out and was very draining, but now that all that BS is behind us and we're looking at the kind of team we have here, there are exciting times ahead.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
My excitement for the season has increased exponentially the last few days.

The Marner saga bummed most of us out and was very draining, but now that all that BS is behind us and we're looking at the kind of team we have here, there are exciting times ahead.
Agreed. Looking forward to Game 6 or 7 of preseason. By then we'll most likely have our full NHL lineup.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I thought Agostino looked good. Mikheyev and Sandin looked great tonight.

Shore may have gained a leg up on Aberg as a potential depth forward with his performance so far. Though, I don't think either of them are on the opening night roster.

Liljegren looks shaky to me. Another year in the AHL soaking up big offensive minutes would help him quite a bit.

Timashov passes the eye test for me, always has. If he can finally put everything together this season in the AHL then he becomes a player that could see some NHL time.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Id much rather Have Harpur on the 3rd pairing than Sandin.

Sandin will get wasted on the 3rd line...and be forced to PK which he;s not comfortable with.

Sandin is perfectly comfortable on the PK and is a damn good D on it. He should be starting the season on the Leafs' third pair and will get 16 or 17 minutes a game. By midseason he will either be already pushing onto to the 2nd pairing, or the Leafs' will have one of the best 3rd pairs in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Sandin is perfectly comfortable on the PK and is a damn D on it. He should be starting the season on the Leafs' third pair and will get 16 or 17 minutes a game. By midseason he will either be already pushing onto to the 2nd pairing, or the Leafs' will have one of the best 3rd pairs in the NHL.
slow down, we still need to see him against an NHL lineup, wait a few more games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad