Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat a playoff team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
A couple of bad shifts in the 3rd, but overall quite pleased with how the Leafs controlled the game in the final frame.

Especially the bottom 6.

Kapanen with another good game. I thought Dermott-OZ looked great. Hainsey's best game too.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Great team win tonight.

My favorite moment was after Jake had that first strong shift in the 2nd and really started feeling it through the third, Babs put him on to defend at the end of the game and Gardiner responded well.

Love it. We needs Gards to win.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
What a great game.

Andersen saved their butts in the third.

Matthews selfish as always scoring goals. His contract is going to be above max because of the Leafs tax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lmao! "Auston, have you ever had a stretch where the puck seems to follow you like this?!?!" "Yah I have"

It was a dumb question in my mind. Marner should have the same answer. Scary thing for the rest of the league is that he has not reached his ceiling yet.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully a confidence building game for a couple of guys on defense. Leafs played a complete game vs the Caps, drooling over how good they could look with Nylander’s addition

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
the wizard of ohz does had a beauty of a game. Matty looks like a man possessed. Once he gets willy there who can actually read plays and keep pace with matty it's going to be even scarier.

Reactions: rumman

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Anyone who's not on board with trading Nylander for D is out to lunch.

There will be no Stanley Cup in Toronto with the way this blueline is.

Terrific win tonight though. Bend but don't break, right? Toronto weathered a storm and took it to 'em in the third.

The Blueline was actually pretty good tonight. It'll never be a top 5 D group but that's why we have a ridiculous forward group to make up for it. The League has already been put on notice and once Willy returns we'll most likely have three dominate lines that could all be #1 lines on some teams.

I'm still on the keep Willy and make this offense stupid good boat.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Hey Washington!!!!
enhanced-buzz-8016-1426277582-24.jpg

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Backstrom and Tavares both being duds tonight helped wash out the JT line taking a night off.

JT and Marner will probably be fired up next game to get back on the score sheet.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Brown had his best game of the season. He made a lot of good plays and was key for the game winning goal.

Andersen came up big in the third. We finally got some big saves, but he also got some things to go his way. Oshie missed 3 one timers in close.

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
WOOOOOO!!!!
Man one thing i noticed is Matthews is stronger this season. I can see the Malkin comparisons, he’s going to be a beast in his prime !!!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The best part is the Leafs are 5-1-0 and we haven't seen a full 60 minutes of them controlling the game yet. And that we're still looking for them to get better because we know they can be, and they need to be if they're going to be successful.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It was clear on June 24 2016.
The Finnish fanboy club, TWS and the rest of the Lea hater gang tried their hardest to muddy those debate waters but it was obvious all along.

Just looks even more obvious now.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Wow that is one I didn't think we'd win. The schedule needs to lighten up on these guys. No need to compress all these games into such a short period.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Ozhiganov looked pretty good tonight, as did Lindholm. Both are a little better than I expected so far. Leivo is playing extremely well too and really deserves more ice time, although Babcock will never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad