Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat a playoff team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Leading the team is - isn’t he? ;)

Anyways, he’s working hard no doubt.

Just expected more with more favourable match ups and PP time on the best unit in the game.

Looks like last year’s 20 game drought was signalling the start of a performance drop off that happens to everyone.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

ICECOLDBEER

Apr 2, 2017
One thing I noticed about the Washington game is that they threw a lot of picks/interference that didnt get called. A couple of these led to some of the worst sustained pressure we faced in the game.

The D was by and large decent but looked tired at times.

Hainsey was solid again.
That one by Backstrom was brutal in the third when they had the Tavares line hemmed in. Hainsey looks way better. Slow first couple games seems like it took a bit for him to get going.

ICECOLDBEER

Apr 2, 2017
Watching the highlights it seemed like Washington had a lot of really good chances and they did but Freddy was great. Decided to rewatch the third and I think they were okay defensively but what they did real well was control the puck. Had it in Washington end a lot which lead to -Washington just dumping it out and right back to us, the high sticking penalty which lead to the PP goal, and the Matthews insurance goal. Best defence is a good offence it seems. When they got the puck back in their own zone they did a great job of controlling and moving the puck too. Our speedy Dmen were able to retrieve loose pucks with ease. We didn't have a full final 10 minutes of Capitals coming at us in waves. And the clock kept moving very few whistles. Leafs played their strengths which was puck control. Excellent game.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
That one by Backstrom was brutal in the third when they had the Tavares line hemmed in. Hainsey looks way better. Slow first couple games seems like it took a bit for him to get going.

Just look back at that and, yea, Backstrom threw his shoulder into it too right in front of the ref and they got an open look and another 5 scoring chances after that. Zaitsev looked up at him like "You just gave me a penalty on a stick check and your not calling that!?!"

All good in the end I guess.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
The schedule is going to start easing in terms of games played but ramping up the difficulty.

Hoping Nylander signs soon. The team already looks great and dropping Nylander into the lineup is going to make a splash.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Anybody starting to worry about Marleau's play. If he continues to decline quickly it will be the Marlies for him next year and/or he will retire (before that happens).

Seems that there are more people starting to worry about Marleau's play two weeks later. Don't need to Get Smart :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad