Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat a playoff team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Not a great game for the JT line but not everyone will be at the top of their game every night. Nice to see depth players chip in tonight. Freddy was a ****ing god

Reactions: Trawna Phan

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I usually agree with you, but the greedy part of me wants to see what a team with Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Kadri and Tavares can do offensively if this is what we do WITHOUT Nylander.

Yeah I know but I'm in hot-take mode right now. Nylander 100% provides another dynamic element to our offensive punch.

How did Washington win with a worse defense though?
Brrother i wish our defense was as good as Washington's.

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Anyone who's not on board with trading Nylander for D is out to lunch.

There will be no Stanley Cup in Toronto with the way this blueline is.

Terrific win tonight though. Bend but don't break, right? Toronto weathered a storm and took it to 'em in the third.
If the Leafs do win the cup, you would be the one to rain on the parade.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
CunI3G-WEAAzSsV.jpg

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Dermott is amazing. Screw that weak preseason.

We won with JT and Marner going scoreless. Leafs proved they could hang in there with the best. Except for the last few minutes, the Leafs dominated the 3rd

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

StannisFollower

Oct 10, 2018
Andersen played great. Matthews is a god. Kapanen looks great on that first line, should have had 2 goals. Happy for both Leivo and Lindholm.

Kadri really needs to get going.

Reactions: rdogg

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
If Zach Hyman doesn't start doing his job (winning the puck) then it's gonna be a long season in the defensive zone for the Tavares line.

Also, nice that they were able to use their skill to beat this Caps team but it'd be nice if for once they didn't let a more aggressive and more physical team be able to outplay them for such long stretches.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah I know but I'm in hot-take mode right now. Nylander 100% provides another dynamic element to our offensive punch.

Brrother i wish our defense was as good as Washington's.

Also, to me, the defensive problems are solely a system problem IMO. Remove stretch passes and turnovers as well as possession aren't a problem for us anymore.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
I thought the Leafs played really well in the 3rd. The Caps started getting some really good looks near the end, which should be expected from the Cup champs. Andersen played like the rock we need him to be.

Thought Rielly made a great play near the end there which lead to the goal. Dude gets so underrated. As for Matthews... just take a blank cheque good sir.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
They played well. Some up and downs as any team will have during a game. But when it counted guys stepped up. Big goal to extend that lead to 2 late. And huge saves by Andersen late in the game.

Heck the third period was really strong. For a lot of the period the Leafs were on the attack.

A deserved win.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Kapanen is the perfect winger for Matthews. Gives Matthews all the puck possession he needs (unlike Nylander) and just battles and floors it.

Reactions: Confucius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad