Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat a playoff team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Also, to me, the defensive problems are solely a system problem IMO. Remove stretch passes and turnovers as well as possession aren't a problem for us anymore.

I thought they did a great job with the breakout and not making stupid stretch passes tonight. The defense were managing the pucks quite well and most of the stretch passes that didn't work were because they skipped over the stick of our forward.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Mostly positives out of that one. Kadri line looked great. Hainsey had his best game of the season and Freddy was huge late. Tavares line was a bit off but some of the question marks coming in to tonight stepped up.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Glad to see Leivo get one. If Matthews, Rielly and the top guys were gunning for huge seasons, Leivo seemed to be aiming towards an early lead in the unsustainably unproductive category for a while there. Despite limited time, he's had some tremendous chance generation. Finally gets that point, hopefully helps him keep it up. We need more scoring from the bottom of the lineup.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Gardiner needs to sleep in Marner's apartment so he doesn't look Daddy tired

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone who's not on board with trading Nylander for D is out to lunch.

There will be no Stanley Cup in Toronto with the way this blueline is.

No team in their right mind is going to trade a guy who's already a top pairing dman for Nylander unless it's an older pending UFA. Who would trade a signed young top pairing dman for a winger worth around $5-6M right now.

Also, one dman alone is not going to fix this team's defensive issues. Their main issues are that they're too passive in the defensive zone and they make bad passes, this is a team coaching issue not a lack of top pairing dman issue.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Fred the MVP tonight

Freddie was a BEAST!

Mr. Andersen stopping them like this:

tenor.gif

Neo!

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Great night to kick start some secondary scoring.
Tavares and Matthews were shouldering too much of the offense. Leivo, Lindholm on the board now ... Hopefully Kadri is next.

:popcorn:

Reactions: Eric bungay

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Huge win!! Beat defending Stanley Cup champions with primarily secondary scoring.

Gards with two much-needed points. Johnsson, Brown, Leivo, Lindstrom, Kappy, and Hainsey all putting up points.

Great character win! Love it!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Depth was big tonight as was the goaltending and defense even if they had two separate breakdowns.
OZ had a beauty of a game imo, was solid in our own end and showed signs of offensive iq as well.

Yea... liked OZ, good crisp passes, used his body to separate the player.Big "can't teach size".

Reactions: BigBlu and rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad