GDT: Leafs @ Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I expect no lineup changes at all from Babs. After all, why change what doesn’t work when you can just force it to hopefully work?

Matthews should look uninterested again playing with two guys who skate fast and contribute absolutely nothing else to that line.

The PP will consist of everyone in their regular positions watching Mitch try slap passes off the pileup of players in front. Reilly will QB but please don’t ask him to shoot that’s a foreign concept.

Gardiner will probably throw multiple muffins up the middle to either MacKinnon or Rantenen ... of course if Soderberg doesn’t strip him and score all by himself.

Nylander will continue to set up scoring chances and make plays for Kadri who will hit a post and have about 5 other chances but will not score.

End rant, sorry ... this weather is really start to get to me, as is Babs sucking the fun out of watching Leaf games with his micromanaging coaching style.

This is what I've been trying to say for some time......except that you did it better!

Last edited:

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
10 points in 27 games after sitting out a 3rd of the season and then showing up out of shape is earning something? Wow. You're an easy boss.

1. There's a big difference between being out of shape and not being in mid season form. I can assure you he is not out of shape.
2. It was common sense between all of us that it would take some time to get back into rhythm. Are we just going to ignore that he's been one of their best wingers over the last 10 games? Can you tell me with a straight face that Marleau is playing better than Nylander right now?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
1. There's a big difference between being out of shape and not being in mid season form. I can assure you he is not out of shape.
2. It was common sense between all of us that it would take some time to get back into rhythm. Are we just going to ignore that he's been one of their best wingers over the last 10 games? Can you tell me with a straight face that Marleau is playing better than Nylander right now?
I'm sure you know this difference between December 1st and February 12th. I can probably dig up the video of Nylander gasping for breath and nearly motionless while his teammates try to cover for him, if I must. Quite frankly that is a throwback to the 70s when hockey players let themselves get out of shape during the offseason as there is so much money involved today that most players treat their job like a 365 day thing.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
I'm sure you know this difference between December 1st and February 12th. I can probably dig up the video of Nylander gasping for breath and nearly motionless while his teammates try to cover for him, if I must. Quite frankly that is a throwback to the 70s when hockey players let themselves get out of shape during the offseason as there is so much money involved today that most players treat their job like a 365 day thing.
Wasn't that like his first game of actual hockey in over half a year? How is that relevant to how he's playing now?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I don't mind the lineup overall, but definitely drop Marleau.

Really... just switch Mattys wingers to Kadri and Kadris to Matthews.

Add in Ennis ... take out Lindholm. He basically does nothing.

Reactions: illusory

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nylander and Kadri have looked good together lately, no need to break them up.

AJ gets the earned bump up in the line up.

Doesn’t make sense for the Tavares line to be broke up.

Matthews is good enough to drive his line but it’s on him to play better. No excuses. He has the chemistry with Kap. They just need to work through their struggles.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Matthews is good enough to drive his line but it’s on him to play better. No excuses. He has the chemistry with Kap. They just need to work through their struggles.
Check your reason at the door next time!

Reactions: DarkKnight

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Well said, dismantling multiple working lines to fix one makes no sense. Matthews will figure it out, he always does.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

why not let them work through their struggles by adding an effective player on their line rather than an anchor? If someone is drowning, I throw them a life preserver. I don't throw them an anvil and tell them to work harder

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I don’t want Marleau off the Matthews line because he drags Matthews down (even though I think he does). I want Marleau off the Matthews line because he shouldn’t be getting the minutes that he does. It’s Komarov all over again. Everyone in the organization preaches accountability, but it only applies if you’re under the age of 25 apparently.

Reactions: illusory

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Babcock is an idiot. How can he watch the past couple of games and not change mattys line
Lol, he moves up AJ which everyones is been whining about, that is now ignored and now it's on to poor Auston. Guy can't win. Nylander and Kadri are playing well together, he's leaving it alone. A world class talent like Matthews needs to get himself going, as I recall nobody was whining about Kapanen on his flank earlier this year when they were ripping it up. Man, it must be awesome to have our little Babs security blanket instead of putting it where it belongs, on the players. Pick it up Auston, we already moved Marner, now it's your time to shine.

Nylander eventually gets back with Matthews, but right now only an idiot messes up his mojo with Kadri.

This place is ridiculous when it comes to Babs, he isn't perfect, but he sure isn't how he's represented here of late. Embarrassing.

Reactions: bax and Shanty

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Lol, he moves up AJ which everyones is been whining about, that is now ignored and now it's on to poor Auston. Guy can't win. Nylander and Kadri are playing well together, he's leaving it alone. A world class talent like Matthews needs to get himself going, as I recall nobody was whining about Kapanen on his flank earlier this year when they were ripping it up. Man, it must be awesome to have our little Babs security blanket instead of putting it where it belongs, on the players. Pick it up Auston, we already moved Marner, now it's your time to shine.

Nylander eventually gets back with Matthews, but right now only an idiot messes up his mojo with Kadri.

This place is ridiculous when it comes to Babs, he isn't perfect, but he sure isn't how he's represented here of late. Embarrassing.
What has kadri and nylander accomplished? Has kadri been lighting up the league? Has nylander been lighting up the league?

Why don’t we split up tavares and marner if these world class talents should be able to play without anyone on their wings? Tavares should carry his own line as well. Same with marner.

Heck lets do:

Brown Matthews Kapanen
Lindholm Tavares Johnsson
Marleau Gauthier Marner
Hyman Kadri Nylander

Lets have our 4 best forwards carry their own lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad