So many changes I would make

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Kadri - JT - Marner
Marleau - Gauthier - Kapanen
Hyman - Lindholm - Moore

Muzzin - Rielly
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev

I know it is crazy to have Kadri play on the wing but I love the idea of loading up the top 2 lines. Honestly I wouldn't be against trading for a RFA to fill the 3C spot

I would split up Gards and Zaitsev and put Zaitsev with someone who is a little more stable (having a 3rd pairing of Hainsey - Zaitsev would be a terrible idea)

Crazy lineup I know, but it might be crazy enough to work!

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Wasn't that like his first game of actual hockey in over half a year? How is that relevant to how he's playing now?
He also doesn't know the difference between game shape and in shape, so not worth the argument

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Worst part of that play was the brutal pass from Marner that started the entire sequence

The worst part of it all is that we were on the PP and they were shorthanded, I'm sure that's what brought out the boos, made me wanna have a little booze also.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
So many changes I would make

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Kadri - JT - Marner
Marleau - Gauthier - Kapanen
Hyman - Lindholm - Moore

Muzzin - Rielly
Gardiner - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev

I know it is crazy to have Kadri play on the wing but I love the idea of loading up the top 2 lines. Honestly I wouldn't be against trading for a RFA to fill the 3C spot

I would split up Gards and Zaitsev and put Zaitsev with someone who is a little more stable (having a 3rd pairing of Hainsey - Zaitsev would be a terrible idea)

Crazy lineup I know, but it might be crazy enough to work!
Gauthier is not a third line C

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
What has kadri and nylander accomplished? Has kadri been lighting up the league? Has nylander been lighting up the league?

Why don’t we split up tavares and marner if these world class talents should be able to play without anyone on their wings? Tavares should carry his own line as well. Same with marner.

Heck lets do:

Brown Matthews Kapanen
Lindholm Tavares Johnsson
Marleau Gauthier Marner
Hyman Kadri Nylander

Lets have our 4 best forwards carry their own lines.
What a garbage response.

Reactions: Macallan18

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
What has kadri and nylander accomplished? Has kadri been lighting up the league? Has nylander been lighting up the league?

Why don’t we split up tavares and marner if these world class talents should be able to play without anyone on their wings? Tavares should carry his own line as well. Same with marner.

Heck lets do:

Brown Matthews Kapanen
Lindholm Tavares Johnsson
Marleau Gauthier Marner
Hyman Kadri Nylander

Lets have our 4 best forwards carry their own lines.

Cute!!
This is probably closer to babcock's theory than most people think....
And as far as hyman on the 4th line.....why not just call it the first line..?

Reactions: IPS

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Why is Ennis not playing? Thought he was ready to go?
Nowhere to put him. Babcock wants Lindholm there for PK duty. Gauthier is a better center than Lindholm so he's safe. Those are the only guys I see Ennis taking a spot from in the healthy roster.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
Count me as another person that wants to flip Matthews and Kadri in the lineup. Matthews is our best goal scorer. It’s such a waste to have him flanked by Kapanen and Marleau. I love the season that Kap is piecing together, but playmaking isn’t his strength. Nylander looks back to his self and has been making so many great passes lately. Would love to see those directed towards Matthews.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Two dominant first lines that can go out and dominate.

Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
This line should give has an advantage over most 3rd lines in the league. Go out there and grind. They’ve worked together before.

Cmon Babs, so many of us see it, make it happen!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I would flip sides for Marner and Matthews on the PP just to shake it up for a game or two.Reilly still on the point. Tavares and Kadri could switch too. or Put Nylander out in the slot instead of Kadri.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
I expect no lineup changes at all from Babs. After all, why change what doesn’t work when you can just force it to hopefully work?

Matthews should look uninterested again playing with two guys who skate fast and contribute absolutely nothing else to that line.

The PP will consist of everyone in their regular positions watching Mitch try slap passes off the pileup of players in front. Reilly will QB but please don’t ask him to shoot that’s a foreign concept.

Gardiner will probably throw multiple muffins up the middle to either MacKinnon or Rantenen ... of course if Soderberg doesn’t strip him and score all by himself.

Nylander will continue to set up scoring chances and make plays for Kadri who will hit a post and have about 5 other chances but will not score.

End rant, sorry ... this weather is really start to get to me, as is Babs sucking the fun out of watching Leaf games with his micromanaging coaching style.
You have expressed well the frustration all we truly caring Leaf fans feel. You don’t have to apologize, the forum is for honest insightful exchanges (hopefully). The undertone of sarcasm is warranted as the coaching staff don’t seem to adapt and appear stuck in their ways with moves that defy reason (such as Brown playing ahead of Johnsson, Muzzin less minutes than Zaitsev and so much more!)

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You have expressed well the frustration all we truly caring Leaf fans feel. You don’t have to apologize, the forum is for honest insightful exchanges (hopefully). The undertone of sarcasm is warranted as the coaching staff don’t seem to adapt and appear stuck in their ways with moves that defy reason (such as Brown playing ahead of Johnsson, Muzzin less minutes than Zaitsev and so much more!)

Just because you don't constantly complain about lineup decisions that doesn't mean you're not a fan who cares.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Tired, not tired, have to pickup points on this trip or they will find themselves in the wild card shortly and playing catchup again just to get home ice. Crucial games. The only scenario where they end up in the wild card that would be palatable is if the Isles win the Metro.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Second and third chances are key. A lot of one-and-done. Stick with it and stay assertive. Gotta do our best to contain MacK & Rants
Ya the best way to do that is stay out of the penalty box. A ton of their points have come from the PP as they play over 4 minutes of PP every game.

Reactions: MattySnipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad