Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Yeah Leafs are crazy not to go all in. No other Top 10 teams are in the division. Jets & Oilers are not scaring anyone in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah Leafs are crazy not to go all in. No other Top 10 teams are in the division. Jets & Oilers are not scaring anyone in the playoffs.
Yeah this is the 1st year in their "window" where they are the best team in the division....and that could change again next year if things go back to the way they were.

Never a better time to go for t than this year. Win this year and nothing else they do will matter.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Boy was this ever a screw-up for both Buffalo and Taylor Hall, and it just keeps on getting worse for both.

I can so see Hall going to the Leafs and both him and them failing under the crap show of the Toronto media. Damn.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Hyman has been amazing, Kerfoot still has positive value on his contract wouldn’t be hard to move him. Engvel is another one they could move to free cap space. They could also get the other team to retain.

Kerfoot does NOT have positive value in a league where only 4 teams have >$3M in cap space and there's no increase in ceiling coming next year.

Engvall is replacement level - every team has one or two of those guys on their Taxi squad already... At $900K.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
JT Miller and Braden Holtby, both at full retention, for Amirov, Sandin, Robertson and Freddie Andersen.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Taylor Hall for Sandin.

This is where I'd draw the line in the sand if I'm BUF.

50% retention on Hall for Sandin & a dump... If they scoff send Hall to BOS for DeBrusk + a pick & let TOR deal w him & the Bruins in the playoffs.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Dubas and his analytics group won't go for Laughton, imo. He gets results, despite lesser analytic stats.....but Dubas values those.

I see Laughton going to a team with a more "old school" GM....assuming we do move him(and we should).
I think we should move him also, really all depends on what’s left when they make a deal, I think islanders would’ve been a good fit for laughton but I think that may be done following the palms trade, I also read somewhere that Pittsburgh may be interested but clearly would have to be a 3 team deal involved there

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
This is where I'd draw the line in the sand if I'm BUF.

50% retention on Hall for Sandin & a dump... If they scoff send Hall to BOS for DeBrusk + a pick & let TOR deal w him & the Bruins in the playoffs.
Is this how Buffalo makes teams shake in their boots this year?

"You watch out, we're gunna bolster a teams lineup if you aren't careful!!!"

Reactions: Palio and Mats13

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell I would guess? Robertson and Sandin?
Lol no way Rakell brings back both

I could see something like

Rakell (50%) + hakanpaa
For
Liljegren/amirov + 1st + kerfoot(or warm body, but kerfoot makes sense if they go for Laughton/Bennet)

then Toronto goes and grabs Sam Bennet or Laughton to fill in that kerfoot spot

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I would like Forsberg, Hertl, Laughton or Iafallo.
Obv Forseberg or Hertl need 50% and will cost a fair amount.
I personally think we are better served by going after Laughton or Iafallo. The prospects/futures it will cost for hertl or Forsberg will hurt is in the future. So I say go 2nd+3rd for Laughton or Iafallo

Phila accepts the 2nd + 3rd. Laughton is a good grindy forward who does not shy away from physical play or confrontation and has some scoring touch.

Leafs gonna have some flexibility approaching the playoffs and thats important with Spezza and Joes age (and Simmonds injury history)

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What's his injury situation?

Rakell at 50% with another asset going to Seattle is the most enticing "all in" scenario imo
Leafs trading a top prospect for an injured player? Highly unlikely.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What's his injury situation?

Rakell at 50% with another asset going to Seattle is the most enticing "all in" scenario imo

I’m not actually sure, havnt seen updates, he was skating the other day and should be back soon I assume within the week

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Rakell (50%) + hakanpaa
For
Liljegren/amirov + 1st + kerfoot(or warm body, but kerfoot makes sense if they go for Laughton/Bennet)

Rakell fetch a lot

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs window is as open as its ever been, definitely the time to go all in.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
They don't need a forward. They need a D.

The Leafs never need D! They need forwards and forwards and more forwards! Defense is boring. Besides why would the best team in hockey (in spite of not having won a cup since the game was played outdoors with barbed wire surrounding the rink) need defense?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The Leafs never need D! They need forwards and forwards and more forwards! Defense is boring. Besides why would the best team in hockey (in spite of not having won a cup since the game was played outdoors with barbed wire surrounding the rink) need defense?

while I'm sure you think this is incredibly witty, you might want to get caught up on current events.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Rakell (50%) + hakanpaa
For

Toronto won't be shipping out 2 1st rounders for Rakell (plus their 3C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad