Confirmed with Link: Leafs agree on 2 year deal with Reimer ($2.3M AAV)

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I'm surprised BR isn't blocked by the site like other sites are. It's basically someone writing something... not the best quality material out there.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

Tyler Biggs*

At this point, I really do not care, Reimer or Bernier. Somebody needs to step it up, but also the team in front of them needs to play a whole lot better on defense.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Let's see if he can bounce back this season. If not he can be traded in 2015. Still needs to improve his rebound control and glove hand if he expects to be a starter.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
No issue when he doesn't have a choice with leaving.

hockey can be as fake and plastic as politics. You don't like Randy and now you're kissing ass because you have to. Take your PC comments and stick it up your ass James. Stop some pucks instead of talking yourself into a corner

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
No issue when he doesn't have a choice with leaving.

hockey can be as fake and plastic as politics. You don't like Randy and now you're kissing ass because you have to. Take your PC comments and stick it up your ass James. Stop some pucks instead of talking yourself into a corner

well james and his camp are in repair mode, of that I have no doubts.

the other teams in the league have little use for a tender who has yet to prove out as a bona fide starter but reacts to being a back up as if he was a snubbed proven out starter.

james, you have yet to prove as a starter or a capable back up.

Tyler Biggs*

well james and his camp are in repair mode, of that I have no doubts.

the other teams in the league have little use for a tender who has yet to prove out as a bona fide starter but reacts to being a back up as if he was a snubbed proven out starter.

james, you have yet to prove as a starter or a capable back up.

Not to confuse anyone with facts but Reimer HAS been a No.1 goalie with a 9.24 save percentage facing a heavy amount of shots on a team with no defense. How can you say NEVER--he's already done it! No reason given a chance he can't do it again.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Not to confuse anyone with facts but Reimer HAS been a No.1 goalie with a 9.24 save percentage facing a heavy amount of shots on a team with no defense. How can you say NEVER--he's already done it! No reason given a chance he can't do it again.

Agreed 100%...

One bad stretch and all of a sudden everyone throws out all the good he's done.

Who saved our ***** in games 5 and 6 against the Bruins in the playoffs?

Tyler Biggs*

Great deal. Quite pleased. Rather pay Reimer 2.3m to back-up/platoon then some scrub sieve 1.5

Agreed.

This is a smart move to bring back Reimer. While he probably won't see nearly as many starts as Bernier (barring injury of course), he will get his opportunities to play. I'd rather have Reimer as our backup then most other backups in the league.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I mean... he HAD the chance, and went 0-6 and couldn't stop a puck.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Agreed 100%...

One bad stretch and all of a sudden everyone throws out all the good he's done.

Who saved our ***** in games 5 and 6 against the Bruins in the playoffs?

and who was the goalie in net in game seven? right.

If FANS think that i think it's very disingenuous to contemplate that 30 gms (yes, including our own) don't think that. If Nonis did his due dilligence and tried to ship him out and couldn't. it means regardless of the numbers, and what he did - they don't think so either (OR it wouldn't be in the Leafs best interest - a combination of the both).

if they wanted to move Reimer and there was any kind of market, they would have, that's my feeling. they couldn't. all the media is saying their sources are telling them that there's no market for Reimer (for how he wants it).

all of sport is "What have you done for me NOW" forget lately, let alone "before"

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

we must have different standards,

2 seasons in a row of say 60 starts and you post good numbers, then ya your pretty much a proven out started.

something james has not even come close to doing.

Tyler Biggs*

I mean... he HAD the chance, and went 0-6 and couldn't stop a puck.

Sure he had some bad games, but when you continually have 30 to 40 shots night after night, the game is going to slip. Leaf defence needs to improve so he isn't shouldering the blame.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
and who was the goalie in net in game seven? right.

oh that game that the leafs that mustered ONE shot since the 5 minute mark of the third period? after kadri scored to make it 4-1 the leafs basically disappeared. boston directed 19 pucks at the net, toronto managed...3

but yes, you're right. Reimer should have at least gotten a shot on goal too.

rarely does a team that collapse as bad as the leafs did wins even with a 4-1 lead.

Last edited:

mikebel111*

oh that game that the leafs that mustered ONE shot since the 5 minute mark of the third period? after kadri scored to make it 4-1 the leafs basically disappeared. boston directed 19 pucks at the net, toronto managed...3

but yes, you're right. Reimer should have at least gotten a shot on goal too.

rarely does a team that collapse as bad as the leafs did wins even with a 4-1 lead.
I wonder if its also Reimer's fualt that its so warm here in Alberta. Seriously 30 degrees? Reimer!!

This board is getting depressing to read. So glad I have a job now, but sadly off today and tomorrow.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
My dislike for Reimer had been consistant. I didn't like him before the Boston series or after any more so. Neither did management which is why they went and got Bernier.

He is the definition of inconsistent and you can't have that in a #1 goalie. Him falling on his face last year was completely foreseeable. Only on the HF board is being right a bad thing. Aka hatin

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
My dislike for Reimer had been consistant. I didn't like him before the Boston series or after any more so. Neither did management which is why they went and got Bernier.

He is the definition of inconsistent and you can't have that in a #1 goalie. Him falling on his face last year was completely foreseeable. Only on the HF board is being right a bad thing. Aka hatin

I disliked Clarkson from day 1 but management went and signed him anyway, how did that work out? So they went and got Bernier, he was also inconsistent and felled by injury already, one of management's beefs against Reimer. Hopefully, he turns into a star but he hasn't proven squat yet.
That 3-2 Detroit game in March told me all I needed to know, Reimer lets in a WHOPPING 3 goals, breakaway, partial breakaway, and wide open one-timer from the slot, and the hate mob is all over him while Franson, Gleason, and Ranger were stumbling, crawling and giving the puck away all over the place. Totally unwarranted, it had just become a blind, irrational hatefest by that point when the real culprit was this horrible slow-footed defense which was turning the puck over and forking over breakaways like candy.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Our defense is of course nothing to brag about but down the stretch there were numerous games where Reimer gave the team no chance. That Montreal game in particular. Letting in the winner from the side boards almost behind the goal line. He came in and took the teams level of stress up 10 notches. If you can't see how that effects how teams play I don't know what to tell ya. With that said, its not all his fault. But he's a real big part.

My dislike for Reimer is completely rational. I say he sucks and he continues to suck. That seems pretty rational to me. Even when he's good it doesn't matter. Because there will be 3 games of wtf for every good one. That's the problem with inconsistent goalies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
One bad stretch?

Saved our ***** in 2 games but lost the game that matter most.

Right, he lost it. Not the team, Reimer is to blame. What is the matter with some of you?

I disliked Clarkson from day 1 but management went and signed him anyway, how did that work out? So they went and got Bernier, he was also inconsistent and felled by injury already, one of management's beefs against Reimer. Hopefully, he turns into a star but he hasn't proven squat yet.
That 3-2 Detroit game in March told me all I needed to know, Reimer lets in a WHOPPING 3 goals, breakaway, partial breakaway, and wide open one-timer from the slot, and the hate mob is all over him while Franson, Gleason, and Ranger were stumbling, crawling and giving the puck away all over the place. Totally unwarranted, it had just become a blind, irrational hatefest by that point when the real culprit was this horrible slow-footed defense which was turning the puck over and forking over breakaways like candy.

Very well said! There were so many games like this, team plays like like the all-time horrible defensive team that they were, Reimer lets in a couple of goals and the haters are out in full force saying stuff like "it's Reimer's job to keep us in the game".

What's everyone else's job I wonder? To stand around and watch the goalies do theirs I suppose.

What a joke.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Our defense is of course nothing to brag about but down the stretch there were numerous games where Reimer gave the team no chance. That Montreal game in particular. Letting in the winner from the side boards almost behind the goal line. He came in and took the teams level of stress up 10 notches. If you can't see how that effects how teams play I don't know what to tell ya. With that said, its not all his fault. But he's a real big part.

My dislike for Reimer is completely rational. I say he sucks and he continues to suck. That seems pretty rational to me. Even when he's good it doesn't matter. Because there will be 3 games of wtf for every good one. That's the problem with inconsistent goalies.

The defence is nothing to brag about. But Reimer sucks. Is that about right?

Incredible. As inconsistent as Reimer was, he was still one of the better players on the team. This team was like all-time horrible defensively. Like in the last 40 years, there has possibly not been a single team harder to play behind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad