Confirmed with Link: Leafs agree on 2 year deal with Reimer ($2.3M AAV)

Kessley Snipes*

Maple Leafs sign James Reimer to a 2 year Deal

Looking for a link

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
welcome back? I love Reimer but I don't think he'll be sticking around for those 2 years

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
2 years at 2.3 AVV..

Solid cap number for a #1B goalie.. that makes his value great if he can rebound this year. Glad to have him back! Hopefully him and Carlyle have buried the hatchet on last season.

The Great Gazoo

Hello, dum dum
May 2, 2014
Isle of Van
2 years at 2.3 AVV..

Solid cap number for a #1B goalie.. that makes his value great if he can rebound this year. Glad to have him back! Hopefully him and Carlyle have buried the hatchet on last season.

Even if they don't, there's a good buffer with Spott coming in. Hopefully that smooths things over. That's if there really was an issue at all. What we see/percieve, and what really goes on is probably quite different.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Terrific, let the #1 Goalie battle begin. I am going to say this first, it wouldn't surprise me if Reimer comes to camp in terrific shape, and play better than Bernier.

The question is will Leafs deal him, or reward Bernier with the season opening start regardless of how Reimer plays.

To me Reimer deserves a shot at the #1G spot, if he wins it at training camp.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Great signing.

I'm a big Reimer fan. Remember when he got his first contract with the Leafs and commented he couldn't believe how much he was getting paid (it was league minimum from what I remember)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That's awesome. I always knew he'd end up staying and I really think he'll be here for at least this season.

That cap hit is amazing.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Still a firm believer that we have a good 1-2 punch for goalies. There's no way Reimer doesn't want to prove himself. If there is one thing Nonis has done correctly, it's providing us with good goaltending.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Firstly I'm very happy he's signed, and this mess is over.

Second, the cap hit is very surprising. It's likely he left money on the table, because he would have assuredly received more via arbitration. Perhaps management guaranteed him the chance to battle for that #1 goalie potion. And regardless of how that competition plays out, i'm glad at the very least it'll keep Bernier on the top of his game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
beats-me.gif

do not like. but whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes