Confirmed with Link: Leafs agree on 2 year deal with Reimer ($2.3M AAV)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think Bernier gets the next 2 (unless he falters) and Reimer gets the 2nd of the back to back Wings games.

Or do you go straight back to the winning line up that won last night.

Reimer is okay apparently, this is good news.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050 · 4m 4 minutes ago
James Reimer is taking part in an optional practice this morning. Said he was fine after game last night.
Reply0 replies Retweet12 retweets12 Favorite7 favorites7

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Bernier has given up 10 goals in just over 130 minutes of ice time. Unless Bernier is 100% the guy this season and going forward in future seasons, I think they should give Reimer the start. Bernier simply hasn't played well thus far.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bernier has given up 10 goals in just over 130 minutes of ice time. Unless Bernier is 100% the guy this season and going forward in future seasons, I think they should give Reimer the start. Bernier simply hasn't played well thus far.

Bernier didn't play well his last 11 games last year either, you go with the hot hand if you are RC. Agreed, You have to give your team the best chance to win.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Bernier didn't play well his last 11 games last year either, you go with the hot hand if you are RC. Agreed, You have to give your team the best chance to win.

Bernier prior to last year put up a .912% SV% over his career.
Reimer prior to last year put up a .915% SV% over his career.

Bernier was the better goaltender last year. There is no disputing that. I think Reimer had a harder season due to the intermittent starting (around the time that his stats started to really dip) but Bernier was better.

It was just too small of a sample size to "give up" on Reimer though.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

I agree, but he's only played 2 games, yes with solid goal tending the game vs Monteal was likely a win, but vs Pitts would still be a loss with anyone in net.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Bernier prior to last year put up a .912% SV% over his career.
Reimer prior to last year put up a .915% SV% over his career.

Bernier was the better goaltender last year. There is no disputing that. I think Reimer had a harder season due to the intermittent starting (around the time that his stats started to really dip) but Bernier was better.

It was just too small of a sample size to "give up" on Reimer though.

FWIW, Bernier's entire career up to last year was intermittent starting.

Tyler Biggs*

For those that wrote off Reimer last year, thinking this year you may be eating humble pie....I get that one game does not make a season but this guy is all heart, no way he is is just gonna go away without a fight!

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
For those that wrote off Reimer last year, thinking this year you may be eating humble pie....I get that one game does not make a season but this guy is all heart, no way he is is just gonna go away without a fight!

He did go away without a fight for the games he came in at the end of the year, that was his time to shine, he looked shaky every game.

He looked awful at the World Cup too

Gotta love someone coming in to point this out after Bernier has 2 soft games and Reimer simply looks decent.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
He did go away without a fight for the games he came in at the end of the year, that was his time to shine, he looked shaky every game.

He looked awful at the World Cup too

Gotta love someone coming in to point this out after Bernier has 2 soft games and Reimer simply looks decent.

to be fair, if the roles and situations were reversed, people would be hanging reimer out to dry.

Tyler Biggs*

So glad to see that Reimer smile again. Nobody deserves it more.

What a class act this guy is. Optimus Reim!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad