Confirmed with Link: Leafs Acquire a 5th pick and retain Lehner’s salary

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
I like those odds!!

Quit being a tr***
There are many late round picks and even undrafted (gasp) players who have went on to very successful careers. Some have even been among the leagues elite over time.

You and the others complaining should also realize that when you add draft picks together you can move upwards.

People who have an issue with this deal are the type of people who find money on the street and then get mad because its foreign and needs to be exchanged.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It's not a big deal or anything, but...Lehner is pretty much as good as Freddie, and he cost Vegas less than Campbell cost us.

But nice to get a 5th, hope we can do big things with it.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Yes, I already said the cash that was involved. It has zero impact on us as fans, so from our perspective, it was free.

Calling Dzierkals a "former 3rd round pick" is a weird way to describe somebody with absolutely zero value.

Complaining about this move is ridiculous.
Well when you consider it cost us Timoshov as well which we developed for 3 plus years it is ridicules. That fifth will be extremely lucky yo produce another Timo.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yes, I already said the cash that was involved. It has zero impact on us as fans, so from our perspective, it was free.

Calling Dzierkals a "former 3rd round pick" is a weird way to describe somebody with absolutely zero value.

Complaining about this move is ridiculous.

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out the fact that your definition of "free" is just inaccurate.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No. From a fan perspective, the only perspective that matters as a fan, the pick was free. It was 100% accurate.

We are discussing organizational transactions and the use of outside of the box thinking to generate assets out of cash and cap, so it's not "free."

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We are discussing organizational transactions and the use of outside of the box thinking to generate assets out of cash and cap, so it's not "free."
Nice to know you have MLSE's bottom line at heart. Glad someone is looking out for it.

Feels like we make this type of move every few years, so not sure how outside the box it is

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
It's not a big deal or anything, but...Lehner is pretty much as good as Freddie, and he cost Vegas less than Campbell cost us.

Lehner is a UFA after this season and Campbell is signed for another 2 seasons after this.

..... you are not comparing apples to apples here.

Reactions: leburn98 and Kurtz

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nice to know you have MLSE's bottom line at heart. Glad someone is looking out for it.

Feels like we make this type of move every few years, so not sure how outside the box it is

Don't think we've ever retained on a three way before, certainly not after the team entered its contender phase.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I do pay attention. And unlike you, I am here for the highs and the lows.

So it's my fault for not firing Dubas for you?

Keep up please. Or is someone on your lawn?
Don't know what you mean.
I have watched this Team for over 50 years.
And yeah.
If you were on my lawn.
I would tell you to get off.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

What....huh? Clarification please....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad