Confirmed with Link: Utah signs Noel Nordh to 3-year ELC

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I am a Brynäs fan. He has made some progress this year. He played on the fourth line which mostly hounded the other team for the puck. The offensive production isn't quite there yet though.

Personally, and this is independent of me wanting what's best for Brynäs, I don't think Nordh is ready for North America. I think it would be better for him to spend at least another year in Sweden.

But what do I know? When it comes to hockey, I am wrong more often than I am right. I hope he does well regardless of where he plays.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I am a Brynäs fan. He has made some progress this year. He played on the fourth line which mostly hounded the other team for the puck. The offensive production isn't quite there yet though.

Personally, and this is independent of me wanting what's best for Brynäs, I don't think Nordh is ready for North America. I think it would be better for him to spend at least another year in Sweden.

But what do I know? When it comes to hockey, I am wrong more often than I am right. I hope he does well regardless of where he plays.
Someone mentioned he's an adept open ice hitter. Have you seen this continue with Brynas this past season?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Someone mentioned he's an adept open ice hitter. Have you seen this continue with Brynas this past season?
Part of the line's job in hounding the puck was being aggressive and throwing hits and I think he did it quite well. Certainly an area he improved in. He was much more noticeable than the year before. I would guess it was beneficial for him to be given a role like that.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Open ice hitter is a odd way off describing his game, but physicality definitely won't be what stops him. Have seen him play since he was very very young(was one of those kids everyone in the region knew about) and while I think bad teams/organisations unfortunately hindered his development in terms of offensive upside, there is an unusually high chance he makes the NHL for a 3rd rounder. Fights well in board battles, sees the game relatively well and makes the simple plays, possesses a all-around and "team-friendly" game, and has a good eye for scoring, even though it hasn't shown too much in allsvenskan(partially because of role and icetime). Also never heard a bad thing about him off the ice or attitude wise either, if anyone cares about that. Ceiling is not super high, and he will never be the main guy on a line at the NHL level, but if everything goes right there is a chance he can be a contributing bottom 6 player, and you need those.

Personally think he and the Utah front office should carefully consider what team he plays for next season, and prioritize a swedish team that gives him sufficient ice time. If he can get enough meat bones(metaphorically) and score a bit more, you hope that he gets stable enough to come over to the AHL the year after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad