Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 - Pens 5 - Geno Drank too many Coronas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Ridiculous to think Crosby needs 42 points in 24 games to finish with 82. Unlikely but 70 points should be reasonable. Currently on a 1.33 PPG which would be 72 points.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Whatever happened to Geno. I hope it’s not Coronavirus.
Just because the media keeps talking about, doesn't mean it's a threat in the USA. There have been only 15 cases in America, and 0 deaths. Do you have any idea how many people died from the flu this year? It's 14,000.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ridiculous to think Crosby needs 42 points in 24 games to finish with 82. Unlikely but 70 points should be reasonable. Currently on a 1.33 PPG which would be 72 points.

Missing like 9 weeks will do that.

As long as he's at a point per game or more in whatever number of games he plays I'm good.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Just because the media keeps talking about, doesn't mean it's a threat in the USA. There have been only 15 cases in America, and 0 deaths. Do you have any idea how many people died from the flu this year? It's 14,000.

Are most of the regular flu deaths young, old, or those with compromised immune systems?

If so, are the novel deaths the same segment or does say, being middle age in good health not help you?

I agree, the overall threat is very low. I think any mentions of coronavirus must be in jest, at this point.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jarry was outstanding. His stick work and how active and aggressive he played was a big reason that 5 on 3 PK was killed. The guy plays with a big set of balls...he comes out and plays pucks and gets involved. He was swinging his stick at puck carriers behind the net. Typically that gets goaltenders in trouble, but he has the smarts to know where to pick his spots. He is the #1 in my eyes. He just does things that make a big difference for a team, and make life easier for his guys.

I thought Angello and Lafferty had really good games. They brought energy, they were able to sustain pressure, they backchecked, got shots on net. Incredible what happens when you bring guys into the lineup who have a bit of gusto and something to prove. Lafferty has the exact same goals and points as ZAR, but plays 5 mins less and has seen action in 14 less games. This is not rocket science. I think Angello has the look of a guy we bring in and he gives a shot to the arm to the lineup. He is a really big boy who uses his size. I like him a lot.

I think the aspect of Rust's game that I find most evolutionary is his playmaking. He makes these insane one-touch passes. I have absolutely no idea where that came from. I always thought he'd be able to score in the mid-20's for goals, but it's the assist totals that are blowing me away. He is a beauty of a player.

Kahun was noticeable in a good way. What a diverse skillset that dude has. He can quite literally do anything and play any style.

Sid and Zucker look like Sid and Jake. It's sublime. Sid did a flip pass tonight and it landed right on Zucker's stick. Those two also make Simon look good. We could absolutely use an upgrade on Simon, but he looks fine there right now. If Jake comes back and we can roll Jake - Geno - Rust, the lineup is really unbelievable.

Angello and Lafferty can both really skate, have size, and they bang bodies around.

People have already seen Lafferty flash his skill in limited time, but Angello has some nice mitts and good IQ that everyone will hopefully get to see before the seasons end.

Just wish Angello got his shot earlier in the season like I was pleading for, because he would be entrenched by now IMHO... instead of being press box fodder for the likes of ZAR.

Wow what a fun game to watch. The fans during that 5-on-3 were great as well. This is such a different team to watch from last year, it really mirrors 2016. Nice to see Rust get back on the scoresheet after a little drought for him.

Was at the game and the arena was shaking after that kill and the roof came off when TB scored.

I just did a fist pump and sat there so my wife (Leafs fan) didn’t feel like I was rubbing it in.

Of course she got up and did a sexy dance when Matthews scored and said “he got the lead baby!”

Everyone around us looked confused and obviously didn’t have a clue what she meant, but that’s why I love her.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I cannot ever see JR trading players for all futures, but going into the draft, we could have some really big fish on the table. I honestly don't see where Bjugstad fits. A decision will have to be made about Jarry/Murray. I could see a big hockey trade happening.

Malkin for Tom Wilson.

JR finally finds his answer.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
It's funny when you try to argue that Crosby is probably one of the top 5 players of all time, it stirs up a lot of anger, but people will gladly believe that Ovechkin is the 2nd best goal scorer this league has ever seen (Completely ignoring that Lemieux, Bossy, and Bure ever existed and have better goals per game).

I don’t understand why Rocket is ranked ahead of Beliveau, Sid and Ovy for 5th best of all time by so many in the History forum.

Ovy is the best goal scorer of all time because his rate of goal scoring divided by the average goals scored during his playing career is higher than anyone else’s.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Ovechkin-lite. No one even knew that puck was in aside from him. It took the goal judge 10 seconds to turn the light on. Matthews has a Joe Sakic look to me.
Interesting thing is that Jarry almost got that one.
VmhxdJS.png

I like his play overall but Blueger should not be taking so many draws. Kid is a major liability there. I feel like he loses 75% of them in the defensive zone.
He's at 43% in the defensive zone. 45% overall.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Wow. Lots of Cup predictions in this thread. GD. Just last week the team was trash because they lost to the best team in the league twice (once in OT, mind you) and played poorly in a win vs the Cats. Love it. Never change, Yinzland, never change!

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Wow what a fun game to watch. The fans during that 5-on-3 were great as well. This is such a different team to watch from last year, it really mirrors 2016. Nice to see Rust get back on the scoresheet after a little drought for him.

Does anyone have a video of the full Penalty kill up to the goal? I was listening on the radio and was hyped for the whole sequence. I'd really like to watch it in its full glory.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wow. Lots of Cup predictions in this thread. GD. Just last week the team was trash because they lost to the best team in the league twice (once in OT, mind you) and played poorly in a win vs the Cats. Love it. Never change, Yinzland, never change!
Not everyone is on a roller coaster.

Reactions: Peat

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
I will throw it out there that nCoV is like at least 22x more deadly than the regular flu and probably about 2-3x more infectious. It's just an emerging disease which is the only reason it isn't as much of a threat as the flu yet. Flu season this time of year kills about 400 people/week in the US where (even if you assume the CCP's bogus numbers are "true") this is killing like 150 people/day right now.

Also, it's really nice to have Kahun back in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad