Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 - Pens 5 - Geno Drank too many Coronas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I really thought Matthews was good.

Our powerplay, Crosby and Jarry won us that game.

So good to see the powerplay look terrifying. Sometimes I hate the Penguins PP zone entry. They seem to be able to set up at much lower rates than other teams. However, they are capable of scoring quick strike goals off the rush with it. See: yesterday. So I'm conflicted.

I wonder:
  1. If that's a mirage.
  2. If not a mirage, if it's a deliberate tactical thing - not as well versed in the Xs and Os as many other here.
  3. If it's a deliberate thing, I wonder if it's happening during recycled entries (ie from the Red Line) vs. full entries from our own zone.
My gut is that it's not a mirage and it's happening mostly during recycled entries - catching PKs on incomplete changes. No way to really back that up but I'll watch it more closely moving forward.

saw a comment on...the athletic, maybe, that made some sense - with geno unavailable, they had fewer choices so it was more streamlined. which is obviously not to say geno shouldn't be on the pp, bc it's had success recently with him, too, just that it also perhaps added some extra urgency last night, at least.

sid hunting that goal line was also huge, so some it's also probably him feeling more like himself, too.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I feel like when you get to a certain age, it feels weird to double strap a backpack or single shoulder it, just weird. I have a messenger bag that can turn into a backpack, but even that I hate using. I just don't carry a lot of shit, but it's weird to see a hockey player carrying a murse. One of those "I'm a thug-wannabe" things that are usually some fake Gucci or whatever.

I expect that from a Basketball or NFL player, where most wankers are in abundance like the Gronk's, Bron-Bron, and AB's of the world are.

Like what can he possibly be carrying extra in that? His perv stache pomade?

I legit fill a nondescript black backpack with work items to and from home.

Day to day, no.

I can't imagine a player needing to carry many personal effects between hotel, bus, and arena that aren't already just packed onto bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad