Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I am not a Kovalev fan, but Koivu generated 2 goals off beautiful assists last night and it made my stomach sick.

Me too. At least we remember Koivu fondly. Years ago the local medis screamed at Saku like a flock of newly castrated roosters because he roughed up Ribeiro at a practice.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
When your 4th line is your best line and your D sucks you don't win games. The Leafs outworked the Habs and were the better team last night and deserved the 2 points.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Subban's next contract just went up 1 mil Bouillon cannot play 22 minutes in a game, Diaz looked like a guy that is going to be on the team all year he looked poised.

Emelin good game still learning the nhl, Markov was decent, Kaberle and Bouillon sucked hard.

Galchenyuk played good enough with the limited ice time he got.

Seriously why not try Gallagher on the 3rd line with Eller and Bourque? You can sit Moen or Armstrong, specially Moen he was terrible.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
In a way, it's a shame the Habs don't play again until Tuesday.

The longer the wait, the more wild and delusional posts become - from this one game, the worstcase scenario somehow becomes Fact according to many. It's the self-amplifying effect of people stewing in their own thoughts for too long.

While I don't expect great things from this team, I also don'tr expect such an atrocious performance for another 47 games.

BigM

Nov 7, 2003
Argentina
Visit site
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but one thing I noticed is that, without Subban, there is not really any other rushing defencemen on the Habs... you know, someone who picks up the puck behind the net with some speed and carries it up the ice. And the defence looks so friggin slow. Markov, Boullion, Kaberle, Emelin, Gorges...none are great skaters.

PunkinDrublic*

Of course I am serious. That does not happen "100's of times" in a season let alone a game. It was a much deserved stupid penalty.

The problem with the play is that it was a gutless way to try to shake up a rookie goaltender. That's the way our centres play, putting up some snow is easier than playing hard and making it difficult for the goalie to track the puck.

Wrong !!

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
In a way, it's a shame the Habs don't play again until Tuesday.

The longer the wait, the more wild and delusional posts become - from this one game, the worstcase scenario somehow becomes Fact according to many. It's the self-amplifying effect of people stewing in their own thoughts for too long.

While I don't expect great things from this team, I also don'tr expect such an atrocious performance for another 47 games.

Not having a game until Tuesday is a good thing, they'll have more time to practice.

Personally I don't have high expectations for this season, I'm not expecting this team to make the playoffs, there are too many holes in the lineup.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Last night, we had the proof that our top line is bottom tier, our entire lineup dosen't really suck, we just lack goal scoring, and a dominant top line. Eric Cole played atrocious, and DD isn't a top line center. We wont ever win with 2 second lines and 2 checking lines.

Was talking about it with friends and we all agreed we're in for a true rebuild and in 3 years we should be a contender. Gotta find that no1 C and sign that no1 D long term though. It's better to tank agin this year, Galchenyuk really is impressive, if we could get top talent like him to build around Price, Subban, Pac.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but one thing I noticed is that, without Subban, there is not really any other rushing defencemen on the Habs... you know, someone who picks up the puck behind the net with some speed and carries it up the ice. And the defence looks so friggin slow. Markov, Boullion, Kaberle, Emelin, Gorges...none are great skaters.

Very true. And if your skating isn't great in today's NHL, you should at least be more than capable of moving bodies and controlling space - a compounding weakness (no pun intended) of that group collectively when it involves over 40 minutes of Kabouillon.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I didn't want Kovalev but Jagr for a season yes.

If I get NHL13, my Habs will feature Koivu+Selanne and Plekanec+Jagr and that's all there is to it, lol. Imagine the team had taken advantage of both of those opportunities when they existed. I honestly couldn't care less about Kovalev, and especially his price tag in recent years, but it would be hard for me to NOT try him on one of the open wings on those lines, haha.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
If I get NHL13, my Habs will feature Koivu+Selanne and Plekanec+Jagr and that's all there is to it, lol. Imagine the team had taken advantage of both of those opportunities when they existed.

selanne never wanted to come here i thought?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sorry, but Bouillon itself wasn't a problem.

The problem was that he played 7-8 more minutes than he should have had.

And WTF was he doing on the PP?!?!?!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It was just one game, but how they lost was kind of important. The habs have nothing to build on. What's Therrien going to say in practice? "So all we have to work on is literally everything." Although, I suppose, to improve, you could just pick anything to work on, in that case.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
selanne never wanted to come here i thought?

I think there's a level of commitment that they could have shown that would have convinced him to come, but I'm definitely not faulting anyone for not offering him the moon. Only hindsight has proven that the moon might not have been that much of an overpayment (same for the Jagr situation, honestly, although I was more certain that he'd stand the test of time coming into the new millenium, again coming out of the most recent lockout, and again coming back from the KHL).

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
Not to say we played great last night, but there was 1 shining light from last nights game. As bad as we played, we gave up 0 even strength goals. So our 5v5 was not terrible, though Price had to bail us out a few times, but still its a positive:help:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
And, oh...

I hope Bouillon won't play every game.
And I hope Kaberle won't play any game when Subban comes back.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
in all fairness, don't snow the ****in' goalie. It was obvious at it comes, pleks was skating from the hash marks and continued to proceed.

pleks felt like an idiot coming out of the box, and understands that goal was totally on him. probably won't happen again.

I've never seen a penalty given to someone for snowing. But the Refs were trigger-happy everywhere in the league last night. It was crazy how many powerplays were given for stupid things.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know, just one game....It just would have been fun to be amongst the teams and the fans that had a whole lot of fun yesterday. 'Cause other teams did win. And played great. We had a terrible year last year. We had to endure a lockout and then people wonder why there's some frustration because it's just 1 game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad