Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkinDrublic*

This. The spraying the goalie happens thousands of times during a season and RARELY gets called..after giving the Habs penalty upon penalty, you'd think the ref would let that one go. Absolute garbage.

No it never happens according to some ^

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Then you can add him to the list.

As much as Leafs have a bleak future, the Habs don't have a bright one either based on that argument

Only thing Habs have, is Price and I am envious of them because of him. Top 5 goalie in the league. Gives them a chance to win every game.

Other than that, they are an AHL team. They showed that last year and they showed in this game. Let's face reality for a second.

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Subban....I think you need a reality check.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
No it never happens according to some ^

Show me a few guys who coast in from the hashmarks seconds after the goalie freezes the puck and whistle has blown, dumps snow on the guy and doesn't get a penalty.

Since is happens hundreds, nay thousands of times, it shouldn't be hard to find one right buddy?

wrong!!!!

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
Another thing I felt like Price was really not all there too. Especially his style, he usualy stand tall and is a position guy but he was on the ice all night like he was Kiprusoff or something.

It's the exact opposite, Price is always on his knees and rarely stands tall. Price is a butterfly goalie.

PunkinDrublic*

Show me a few guys who coast in from the hashmarks seconds after the goalie freezes the puck and whistle has blown, dumps snow on the guy and doesn't get a penalty.

Since is happens hundreds, nay thousands of times, it shouldn't be hard to find one right buddy?

wrong!!!!

Yeah your right Earl, it never happens.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
After watching the sabs flyers game. It gives me a little more hope for the season, the players just did not have a pre-season to get things organized. We're playing with a new coach in a new system there's still hope and when PK will be back we'll have have a little more stability on the blue line. The pressure was real high yesterday and the players must of felt it, the fans didn't help, I hope the players will take it the right and come back more prepared.

PunkinDrublic*

After watching the sabs flyers game. It gives me a little more hope for the season, the players just did not have a pre-season to get things organized. We're playing with a new coach in a new system there's still hope and when PK will be back we'll have have a little more stability on the blue line. The pressure was real high yesterday and the players must of felt it, the fans didn't help, I hope the players will take it the right and come back more prepared.

This is a HUGE point. You could see that when Prust took on Brown. Very nervous. Everyone was holding their sticks too tight. I have confidence in this team, maybe a little more when PK signs.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I'd wish the NHL could of found way to stick in 3 or 4 pre-season games before the season something like 2 back to back games, a day off, one last pre-season game, another day off and then the regular season opener on Saturday next week.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I'd wish the NHL could of found way to stick in 3 or 4 pre-season games before the season something like 2 back to back games, a day off, one last pre-season game, another day off and then the regular season opener on Saturday next week.

Yeah well the NHL sucks ass and its time to get rid of the suckholes that are running this league.............period.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Yeah well the NHL sucks ass and its time to get rid of the suckholes that are running this league.............period.

I think they didn't do it because pre-season games in the States are deserted by the fans, they probably figured out it would make this season even less profitable than it already is.

And they probably thought also that since americans can't make the difference between poor hockey and good hockey that they wouldn't notice.

My prediction for Bob Hartley and flames tonight is that they are going to suck as bad as we did, and if I'm wrong than I'm going to be a little worried but not too much.

HometownHockey

The Good, Bad and Ugly - Habs opener wasn't half bad, for an exhibition game

By Mitch Melnick

Well that wasn't half bad. For an exhibition game. Good to be in the Bell Centre again. But I still miss the Forum.

THE GOOD
•The pre-game torch ceremony. Simple, heartwarming and emotional, especially when Jean Beliveau was handed the torch by Serge Savard.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/MM0063.php

Urban Explorer*

By Mitch Melnick

Well that wasn't half bad. For an exhibition game. Good to be in the Bell Centre again. But I still miss the Forum.

THE GOOD
•The pre-game torch ceremony. Simple, heartwarming and emotional, especially when Jean Beliveau was handed the torch by Serge Savard.

READ MORE...

The torch thing might have been the lamest thing I've ever seen on TV(Other than the senator LOL). This is NHL hockey, not the olympics. Come up with something original.

PricePkPatch*

The torch thing might have been the lamest thing I've ever seen on TV(Other than the senator LOL). This is NHL hockey, not the olympics. Come up with something original.

Look, if you don't believe in magic anymore, that's your business. Don't ruin it for the rest of us who want to clap hand for Tinkerbell.

citizen_cane.gif

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
It wasn't a good exhibition game. The Spengler Cup had a higher level of execution on display.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
By Mitch Melnick

THE GOOD

READ MORE...

Mitch Melnick is the typical baby boomer that wallows in nostalgia.

Really the torch ceremony was heart warming? **** the stupid ceremonies and put a winner on the ice.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Mitch Melnick is the typical baby boomer that wallows in nostalgia.

Really the torch ceremony was heart warming? **** the stupid ceremonies and put a winner on the ice.

I think they like to remind people that we were once a city of champions. What I wonder is what will they do once all the dynasty legends are gone.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
I think they like to remind people that we were once a city of champions. What I wonder is what will they do once all the dynasty legends are gone.

Wheel out the coffins?

Seriously though I am sick of the legend stuff. I know the Habs have an amazing legendary past but does it ALWAYS need to be celebrated?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Wheel out the coffins?

Seriously though I am sick of the legend stuff. I know the Habs have an amazing legendary past but does it ALWAYS need to be celebrated?

That made me LOL, really. But I agree, I mean it was sad watching poor Henri, he could hardly stand up. You gotta give these guys credit though, especially Beliveau who was close to death no so long ago. I guess people still like seeing their heroes in person. I mean how can you not remember that 15 minute ovation for the Rocket and not get emotional. But then I'm one of those baby boomers too. :laugh:

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Wow. Last night's game was a pain to watch. Not an NHL quality game. Execution was terrible. Everyone looked terrible, especially the D. Right off the bat, penalties after penalties. Geez, it seemed nothing changed. They seemed to have found some steam in the 3rd but it's only because the Leafs were protecting their lead.

Anyway, no big deal since it's a fake season. I just watched because I wanted to see Gally.

And about the ceremony, when I saw it, I was like, "Oh no, not this again." Clinging to past glories. Is that the only way for fans and the organisation to feel proud and admiration for the team? You do it once, that's okay. But c'mon, not again and again. It's becoming lame. These "legends" have been honored already and in different occasions. I don't think you need to do this at every other home opener. Having each and every player standing on center ice holding up the torch. Oh boy...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad