Leafs’ first round opponent: Boston (who tanked for us)

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Ya I agree. All bravado aside, would rather not see them. I think Florida is a better team actually and I still prefer it. I think a win under our belts we'd have more confidence playing Bruins in a round 2.
If the Leafs fell the same way as you, all they have to do to guarantee they avoid Boston is to beat Florida on Tuesday.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Extremely likely we end up with Florida

Only way it's Boston is if they go 0-2-0 or 0-1-1 AND Florida wins against us in their final game of the season
I suppose stranger things have happened, but it's hard to imagine Boston losing to Ottawa in the last game, even if Boston rests half of its team. Washington, on the other hand, will at least have some motivation to try to beat Boston.

Reactions: leafsfan5

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I suppose stranger things have happened, but it's hard to imagine Boston losing to Ottawa in the last game, even if Boston rests half of its team. Washington, on the other hand, will at least have some motivation to try to beat Boston.

But Ottawa is playing like it matters now, so you never know.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Thoughts? Probably a hit he shouldn’t have made, but Cousins’ head was kinda the first thing at shoulder height. Probably doesn’t warrant anything extra, right? Besides maybe a medal? Seriously though, Cousins sucks, so do concussions, not sure mixing the two makes anything better. Glad Nick is alright, yay.

Also- really wish Florida didn’t have that dude, they’re such a likable team otherwise.

Cousins might miss some games.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I like our chances against either team. I would really like their chances if Keefe wasn’t the coach
I don't think it makes much difference who we play. They're both good teams and based on recent history, I think both Boston and Florida will be ready to play playoff hockey next weekend, not so sure about our guys. I liked our chances better a few days ago, these last couple of days brought back memories of what O'Dog said earlier this season - this is not a serious team.

I hope our game 1 lineup has Robertson in it, and no Brodie. One can dream and on a final note, Keefe sucks.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
For those that prefer Florida in round #1. What are the odds we get goalied again?

1713123235570.png

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I liked our chances better a few days ago,

I wouldn't put much stock in these past few games, they're not playing for much.

Of course, I'd like preferred not to have Samsonov get run over but let's face it goaltending was never going to be a strong point for this group this season with him, Woll & Jones. No matter who we face, we will be at a disadvantage between the pipes so the Leafs are just going to have to deal with it somehow.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I wouldn't put much stock in these past few games, they're not playing for much.

Of course, I'd like preferred not to have Samsonov get run over but let's face it goaltending was never going to be a strong point for this group this season with him, Woll & Jones. No matter who we face, we will be at a disadvantage between the pipes so the Leafs are just going to have to deal with it somehow.
I'm putting more stock into our playoff performance over the last seasons but still, it would have been nice to see them play a more disciplined game with the playoffs starting soon.

Reactions: bax

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
it's always a joy to listen to them!
I hope they have the opportunity to call a leafs Stanley cup championship this year. Holy mackinaw it would be great to hear the joyful voice of Bowen if it happens! He’s not getting any younger too.

Harry Neale and Don Cherry are still alive and I want both of them to witness a leafs championship before they die. They’re both pushing 90.

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We absolutely need to be targeting Florida 1st rd. Regardless of what happened lats year, they are less seasoned than Boston.

Also praying Boston gets Tampa bay in the 1st rd. Those 2 teams would demolish each other

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
If the bruins win tonight, they clinch the division too. They will have 111 points if they win tonight and florida can only max to 110 points, so the panthers won’t be able to catch them anymore.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad