Post-Game Talk: Leader of Men (And Panthers) Visit The World Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I think Sceviour deserves a Wilson beating for his little fake elbow bit.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I have no idea what this means

The nhl is designed to make every shitty team look like they have a shot at the playoffs cuz of the loser point.

I don’t think any of the teams currently in a playoff spot are truly in danger because they’d have to go on long losing streaks with pretty much all regulation losses for the others to make up ground

This is proven out every season

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The nhl is designed to make every ****ty team look like they have a shot at the playoffs cuz of the loser point.

I don’t think any of the teams currently in a playoff spot are truly in danger because they’d have to go on long losing streaks with pretty much all regulation losses for the others to make up ground

This is proven out every season

That is mostly correct - for example the Flyers have 19 of 20 points in their last 10 and have climbed up the standing but they are still 8 points out of the playoffs.
Based on projections they would need a winning percentage of 70.4% to make it in by end of season. Calgary are at 66% for the season and Bolts 76.5%
As you said, this would only change IF a team in a playoff spot lost most of the rest of their games.

However - Carolina is only 1 point out of the playoffs and they could knock one of the other teams out. But they are probably the only team in the East still in the race.
As for the West - it's become a race to the bottom, especially in the Pacific. Parity is definitely alive and well over there

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Cono needs more target practice. Multiple shots from dangerous areas missing the net tonight.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting - I thought it was about even.
Just my opinion. I thought the Caps controlled the run of play and had multiple shifts where they looked like they were on the PP. I thought their chances were generally better. The Panthers got two good bounces and that’s the difference right now.

Reactions: Heath

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
How can that be a penalty? This league is so ****ing amateur.

The on ice officiating has become so bad I'd almost like to see penalty review challenges. The opposing team can challenge the call with a video review.
They could perhaps have a limit to the number of challenges or something so it doesn't get out of control.

Reactions: Portable Mink
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad