Post-Game Talk: Leader of Men (And Panthers) Visit The World Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Having all 3 old slow guys on one line and all 3 fast inexperienced guys on another just makes zero sense to me, but what do I know.

Reactions: twabby

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Some posters are joking as to whether this is a "must" win or just a needed win.
My view is that Caps need to get 3-4 pts in the next two home games vs. FLA & LAK. 1-2 pts isn't a disaster, but the season is ~ 2/3rds over.

Why?
The upcoming long road trip is not a walk in the park. The 3 East opponents are either in playoff position or battling for it (Buffalo)... and isn't every team in the West either in or withing striking distance? :skeptic:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Some posters are joking as to whether this is a "must" win or just a needed win.
My view is that Caps need to get 3-4 pts in the next two home games vs. FLA & LAK. 1-2 pts isn't a disaster, but the season is ~ 2/3rds over.

Why?
The upcoming long road trip is not a walk in the park. The 3 East opponents are either in playoff position or battling for it (Buffalo)... and isn't every team in the West either in or withing striking distance? :skeptic:

Their upcoming long road trip should still net them points as Columbus, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, Toronto, and Buffalo are not exactly murderer's row. Toronto and San Jose will be tough but Columbus is not very good and fading, Anaheim and Buffalo are in free fall, and LA has the second-worst record in the NHL. They should reasonably expect to win 3-4 games during that stretch.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Having all 3 old slow guys on one line and all 3 fast inexperienced guys on another just makes zero sense to me, but what do I know.

People were demanding for Ovi, Kuznetsov and Wilson to be re-united back in December, too. They got re-united and all that led to was our worst stretch of hockey for the season. Short memories.

Everything is working fine. Leave it alone.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
People were demanding for Ovi, Kuznetsov and Wilson to be re-united back in December, too. They got re-united and all that led to was our worst stretch of hockey for the season. Short memories.

Everything is working fine. Leave it alone.

More to do with OV-Kuz not working. I would put Ovechkin with Wilson.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Their upcoming long road trip should still net them points as Columbus, San Jose, Anaheim, LA, Toronto, and Buffalo are not exactly murderer's row. Toronto and San Jose will be tough but Columbus is not very good and fading, Anaheim and Buffalo are in free fall, and LA has the second-worst record in the NHL. They should reasonably expect to win 3-4 games during that stretch.
Not a walk in the park does not equate to "murderer's row". Nobody would call the Caps a murderer's row team either these days. Of those six road swing opponents, only one has a worse L10 record (Ducks 2-7-1) and one equal (Sabres 3-6-1) to Caps :help:

You reasonably expect to win 3-4. Let's throw in 1 OTL. So you expect ~7-9 pts. Holtby has been playing better - he has to w/our D :eek: Within reason there's a wide range of point outcomes during that road swing. They could go 1-4-1 as easily as 4-1-1.
7-9 pts? The way Caps have been playing the past month+ I'll take that and run with it. Of course I hope they do that or better.

Canes have also played themselves into the mix. Grab 3-4 pts these next two home games !

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Thank god you’re not the GM then
Are you saying you would keep Djoos over Siegenthaler. Sorry but Siegenthaler has way more potential than Djoos. He has already surpassed him.
I dont understand what people see in Djoos. Its not like he is a star at either end of the ice. Infact he is pretty weak defensively and he doesnt have any strength. Djoos might move the puck a bit better than Siegenthaler but is weaker at everything else.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Watching the Avs game again, Cole took a minor in which Kuzy scored. When Cole came out of the box, you could see him seething mad, presumed at the ref. Mystery solved on why he went after Kuzy.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Are you saying you would keep Djoos over Siegenthaler. Sorry but Siegenthaler has way more potential than Djoos. He has already surpassed him.
I dont understand what people see in Djoos. Its not like he is a star at either end of the ice. Infact he is pretty weak defensively and he doesnt have any strength. Djoos might move the puck a bit better than Siegenthaler but is weaker at everything else.

Your hate for the player blinds you. Djoos is much better at moving the puck and his IQ and patience with the puck are also on another level.

I would argue Djoos also has the higher potential, he was almost a PPG player in his last AHL season. Siegenthaler could only dream of that.

With that said, I like Siegenthaler and think he will be a solid defenceman but I doubt anything more than bottom pairing.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just saw time lapse of the Hoyes court being taken up for the Caps ice. That means shitty ice right? Should be advantage Panthers then since they should be used to playing on shitty ice.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast

Caps scouting kings again for 6th straight game. Yes they play each other next game but they usually dont scout that much for a one game opponent

Who would the Caps even want from the Kings?? I doubt the Kings are giving up any of their younger players, and outside of that I can't imagine who could make our team better?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Your hate for the player blinds you. Djoos is much better at moving the puck and his IQ and patience with the puck are also on another level.

I would argue Djoos also has the higher potential, he was almost a PPG player in his last AHL season. Siegenthaler could only dream of that.

With that said, I like Siegenthaler and think he will be a solid defenceman but I doubt anything more than bottom pairing.
AHL is nothing like the NHL. Especially when it comes to offensive. Some of the most productive players in the AHL every did anything in the NHL.
Do you actually think Djoos will ever be even close to being that productive in the NHL? I highly doubt it. He is an average playmaker at best, his skating is nothing special and he doesnt have an NHL calibre shot.
And why do you guys evaluate everything on offensive production? There is so much more to a defenceman than just offensive production. I'd give him a pass if he was the next Erik Karlsson. I dont think he is though.
I believe Siegenthaler and even Bowey have more potential than Djoos. We also have some prospects that have more potential.
And for the record I have no dislike for Djoos. I'm just not sold on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad