Post-Game Talk: Leader of Men (And Panthers) Visit The World Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Who would the Caps even want from the Kings?? I doubt the Kings are giving up any of their younger players, and outside of that I can't imagine who could make our team better?
Tyler Toffoli and Nate Thompson seem like the best targets to me

Alec Martinez would also make the roster better, but the 2 years remaining on his deal would make it a hard fit as a 3RD.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Some posters are joking as to whether this is a "must" win or just a needed win.
My view is that Caps need to get 3-4 pts in the next two home games vs. FLA & LAK. 1-2 pts isn't a disaster, but the season is ~ 2/3rds over.

Why?
The upcoming long road trip is not a walk in the park. The 3 East opponents are either in playoff position or battling for it (Buffalo)... and isn't every team in the West either in or withing striking distance? :skeptic:

Kings have been pretty good their last 10 games: 6-2-2. That's tied for 6th out of all 31 teams (most points in last 10 games).
I wouldn't be taking them lightly at all - Caps could lose both home and away games to them if they aren't careful.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
AHL is nothing like the NHL. Especially when it comes to offensive. Some of the most productive players in the AHL every did anything in the NHL.
Do you actually think Djoos will ever be even close to being that productive in the NHL? I highly doubt it. He is an average playmaker at best, his skating is nothing special and he doesnt have an NHL calibre shot.
And why do you guys evaluate everything on offensive production? There is so much more to a defenceman than just offensive production. I'd give him a pass if he was the next Erik Karlsson. I dont think he is though.
I believe Siegenthaler and even Bowey have more potential than Djoos. We also have some prospects that have more potential.
And for the record I have no dislike for Djoos. I'm just not sold on his game.

I think we know Reirden well enough now to understand that he's going to give his more experienced players a roster spot. The thinking will be that Djoos had a solid season last year and the jersey is probably his to lose.
Look at guys like Niskanen and Orpik - they haven't been great but they keep making the lineup.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think we know Reirden well enough now to understand that he's going to give his more experienced players a roster spot. The thinking will be that Djoos had a solid season last year and the jersey is probably his to lose.
Look at guys like Niskanen and Orpik - they haven't been great but they keep making the lineup.
That is very true. If anyone has earned a healthy scratch its been Orlov with Niskanen right behind him. We all know that would never happen.

Reactions: Heath

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Tyler Toffoli and Nate Thompson seem like the best targets to me

Alec Martinez would also make the roster better, but the 2 years remaining on his deal would make it a hard fit as a 3RD.

If Kings give up Toffoli it would only be to dump salary - he's been a point a game for his last 10.
A concern I'd have is that he seems to only be as good as the team around him - when the team is playing well he's good, when the team sucks he's invisible.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
2tadz2.jpg

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I would love to see the Caps continue to improve on their neutral zone entries into the offensive zone. They've been really inconsistent in that regard this season - they've shown glimpses lately, but, it is an area that I believe they need to be consistently effective in to be able to hit their next gear that they showed in the playoffs.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
If Burakovsky can string multiple games in a row with very good play it will only be beneficial for the Caps - either it raises his trade value/suitors or the Caps have an effective top-9 forward for another Cup run. I just don't see him being a difference-maker for ten-plus games in a row, unfortunately. He just is not consistent enough.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
If Burakovsky can string multiple games in a row with very good play it will only be beneficial for the Caps - either it raises his trade value/suitors or the Caps have an effective top-9 forward for another Cup run. I just don't see him being a difference-maker for ten-plus games in a row, unfortunately. He just is not consistent enough.
10 games it's more than enough, others can care the rest. I mean occasionnal streches of 10 games, not 10 games per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad