LD Stuart Percy (2011, 25th overall, Toronto)

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I had seen Percy play at the AHL level, and always like his game, but he really turned it on last night. He kind of got overlooked a lot on the Leafs boards, with more talk being about Finn, but he looked to me like he'd been in the league for years based on how composed he looked.

Rough end to the game, but literally every single defenseman has this happen to them at least once a year. Hopefully he looks at it like he's got his one out of the way now.

Also really shocked/impressed that Carlyle had him out there for so much ice time.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
For at least half if not 2/3 of the game, he was the leafs' best dman.

I was quite impressed. Playing on both PK and PP

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
There were a few moments last night where he reminded me of Kaberle. Now, before people jump on me, what I'm speaking of is his calmness with the puck. He doesn't panic. Lots of patience and head fakes, always seems to be on cruise control. This is something the Leafs have been lacking.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He looked fantastic in the first, then came back to earth throughout the rest of the game. He is going to be a good one. Makes up for the Biggs pick

snizzbone*

then they aren't scoring well, because on one shift i saw him have two give aways within about 20 seconds

You might be mistaking him for someone else.. he had a very solid game. You're the only person I've seen that is saying he didn't. This includes the Habs posters.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
You might be mistaking him for someone else.. he had a very solid game. You're the only person I've seen that is saying he didn't. This includes the Habs posters.
He was probably watching a stream last night showing a game from preseason

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
For a Leafs prospect to go under the radar is quite something. He's a pretty safe player whose hockey sense sticks out. He'll be a top 4 D-man for a long time.

Ace88*

There were a few moments last night where he reminded me of Kaberle. Now, before people jump on me, what I'm speaking of is his calmness with the puck. He doesn't panic. Lots of patience and head fakes, always seems to be on cruise control. This is something the Leafs have been lacking.

I actually thought the exact same thing. The way he calmed the puck down in his own end, kept control and smoothly get the puck out was eerily reminiscent of Kaberle. I was going to mention it here but figured people would tie me to a stake and come at me with pitchforks and torches

now obviously i dont see any multiple 50 point seasons lol but the similarity at times is just uncanny. Also always looking to pass and never shoots :laugh:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If you can get say a top 4 defender with pick 25, I'd consider that a steal. Any great player taken after the first or second round is a home run.

I wouldn't. Wouldn't you be expecting a top-4 defenseman with a late 1st round pick? If he becomes a top-pairing guy it would be a steal, but top-4 is what I'd expect.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I wouldn't. Wouldn't you be expecting a top-4 defenseman with a late 1st round pick? If he becomes a top-pairing guy it would be a steal, but top-4 is what I'd expect.

Us Leaf fans have lower expectations when it comes to late firsts, top 10's are a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad